1. We will raise your concern on the compute resource limitation on Jupyter notebook with the concerned team. Meanwhile, for the problem regarding the interactive process, I shall recommend a few options:
- Login to the compute node using qsub –I and you can run your commands in an interactive mode.
- You can also make use of screen to make your session interactive.
- In case you submit the scripts, you can still monitor your real time logs of your job using qpeek command.
3. SSH into our servers takes only a few seconds for us. If you could share the steps on how you login to our servers, we could check on this and get back to you.
4. Logging out and logging in does not throw any error. As mentioned, it could be because many users trying to access the system.
Please update a few details given below to understand your requirement:
- Are you using notebook that requires more memory? If yes, how much? Note: currently we have a memory limit of 48Gb.
- Did you try out the options provided above using the ssh session? In case you find any issue, please send a screenshot/log so that we can debug and customize.
No, I just use it to train small machine learning models and also for setting up my code so that I can run it on aws . I use devcloud to check whether my code is having errors or not so that i spend less time on aws.
I have to commit my changes as well in a well documented format. So i doubt if those other options are that much helpful.
Increase compute power and time on jupyter notebooks and bandwidth as well. So that no developer faces such problems.
Are you still facing this issue? Do let us know if we can go ahead and close this case.
Reach out to us for any further assistance.
Thanks & Regards,