4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2018 10:40 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC7I3BNH - CIR only working after 2. boot?!

toNMQeK74YZVEVE

Hi there,

just upgraded my old Nuc 1. Gen to a NUC7I3BNH some weeks ago. Installed the latest BIOS-Updates, Windows 10 and all drivers from the Intel-Site.

So, my problem is the following: After the NUC boots, the CIR-Driver under Device Manager is missing. After a reboot, it appears and i can use my Harmony-Remote.

I deinstalled the CIR-Driver, removed it (with deleting the driver-package) from the Device Manager, rebootet and installed it from a new downloaded Driver from the Intel Site, but the problem still appears.

I searched the web, but found nothing. My old NUC doesn't had this problem. I've checked the eventlog (maybe, the driver can't be loaded at boot) - but there are no events regarding the CIR-Module; its just missing, like someone switched a WLAN-Chip of by a Hardware-Trigger.

Has someone any idea, what the reason could be? Maybe a BIOS-Bug or something else? Thank you!

• 1. Re: NUC7I3BNH - CIR only working after 2. boot?!
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello toNMQeK74YZVEVE,

Thank you for contacting us, I was reading your thread and I know that you are having a driver issue, I will be more than glad to assist you.

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer.  Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will generate

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

(You may need to copy and paste the links provided into a separate tab in case that you have issues when clicking on them)

To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor” on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the “attach” option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Ciany C.

• 2. Re: NUC7I3BNH - CIR only working after 2. boot?!
            toNMQeK74YZVEVE

Hello Ciany,

i think, i got the reason for this problem.

In the eventlog of my Windows 10-NUC i've got events regarding to an unproper shutdown/poweroff on every boot. I searched the web - it seems to be a bug or known problem with the Fastboot-Option on Windows 10. I've deactivated fastboot and since this moment i've a working CIR on every boot.

I don't tested it but i think after physical PowerLoss you have to boot a second time (with connected AC) for the CIR to work/listed in the Device Manager. Don't know the behaviour but i think, i had the same problems with my NUC D2820. The problem there was, that i turned the power socket off (TV/HiFi-Setup) when i left the room. When Power was restored, the NUC doesn't react on PowerOn/Off-Commands by IR. After you started it one time by hand and shut it down, the CIR On/Off worked again (till you switch the socket off).

• 3. Re: NUC7I3BNH - CIR only working after 2. boot?!
              Intel Corporation

Hello toNMQeK74YZVEVE,
              Thank you for the information provided,
              To continue with the support could you please let us know what is the BIOS version that you have installed on the unit?  
              Regards,
              Ciany C.

• 4. Re: NUC7I3BNH - CIR only working after 2. boot?!
                Intel Corporation

Hello toNMQeK74YZVEVE,

I was checking your thread and I would like to know if you were able to get the information requested.

Regards,

Ciany C.