4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2018 6:10 AM by AlexTiruk

String ID not found

AlexTiruk

Hello! I have a problem installing the drivers on my ASUS EeeBook X205TA.

After installing windows 8.1 does not work: sound, keyboard, touchpad.

I need to install the Intel INF Update Driver here from here - ASUS EeeBook X205TA Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS Global

But when installing the "Intel INF Update Driver" error appears "the setup program ended prematurely because of the following: [String ID not found]"

What should I do??!

"intel driver & support assistant" does not find any updates available...

• 1. Re: String ID not found
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello AlexTiruk,
          Thank you for contacting us, I was reading your thread and I know that you are having a driver’s issue, I will be more than glad to assist you.
          In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer.  Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will generate
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility
          (You may need to copy and paste the links provided into a separate tab in case that you have issues when clicking on them)
          To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor” on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the “attach” option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.
          Regards,
          Ciany C.

• 2. Re: String ID not found
            AlexTiruk

Thank you for responding! I stick like you said my characteristics. I really hope that you can help me, thank you.

• 3. Re: String ID not found
              Intel Corporation
              This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello AlexTiruk,

Thank you for the information provided, Could you please install the Intel® Chipset Device Software (INF Update Utility) following the next steps:

1. Start run and type cmd to open up the command prompt.

1. Enter cd desktop (For this step the work, after you unzip the files, please save the chipset.exe on the desktop).

1. After that enter: setupchipset.exe -overall.

1. You will find the driver in the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-?product=46644
               (You may need to copy and paste the links provided into a separate tab in case that you have issues when clicking on them)

Regards, 
              Ciany C.
              • 4. Re: String ID not found
                AlexTiruk

thanks for trying to help but your advice does not work.

this helped me here:

The setup came up with an error message: "string id not found".

So I had to go to Control Panel --> All Control Panel Items --> Device Manager

and under System devices the "I2C Controller" was showing nonfunctional.

So right click on it and choose to update driver, then manually browse to the chipset driver package downloaded from asus and it works!

P.s Turn to Mac Os   windows is pain