Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Technology

MKamr
Beginner

Dear

I am using Acer Aspire S3-951 ultra-book. I was trying to to using Intel Rapid Storage Technology Software to configure my 20 GB SSD to use as Cache memory. During enabling the IRST, the following error message was showing. Error message " (oxA005005D: An error occurred while an operation was in progress. The operation could not be completed." Would you please help me in solving the problem. I am also ataching the screen shot and the system report.

Regards

Kamruzzaman

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Kamruzzaman,

I understand you are trying to enable Smart cache feature but you are getting an error message. Let me help you on this matter.

I would like to confirm if this problem happens with earlier Intel® Rapid Storage software version. Can you try 15.8 or 15.7?

Please let me know your findings.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos
MKamr
Beginner

Hi Allan

According to your suggestion, I have tried with 15.8 or 15.7 version. Unfortunately, Its showing the same error message again. I read in the community page that its also necessary to make ~200MB un-allocated space at the end of the HDD. But, I could not manage to create un-allocated space at the end of the HDD. Could it be possible that this issue is creating problem. If so, could you please inform me, how could I create the un-allocated space at the end of the HDD.

Regards

Kamruzzaman

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Kamruzzaman,

Thank you for updating this thread, in order to set it as unallocated, please follow the steps below:

1- Take caution before proceeding. We recommend backing up all data.

2- Confirm your SATA disk contains 5MB or more of continuous unallocated space at the end of the drive.

3- You can view and modify disk setup in Disk Management (Windows Key + x > Disk Management).

3.1 - Shrink the partition at the end of the drive. Right-click the partition of the SATA system OS drive you want to accelerate. Select Shrink Volume.

3.2 - If this option is not available, the partition may not be shrinkable or there may not be space to allocate.

3.3. - (For HDDs) If there is no space, defrag the system volume to create shrinkable space.

3.4- If there is a locked partition at the end of the volume that cannot be shrunk, search on Internet How to Resize a Partitions.

Regards,

Allan J

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Kamruzzaman,

Were you able to set unallocated space at the end of the drive?

Allan J
0 Kudos
MKamr
Beginner

Dear Allan

Thank you so much for your message. I sorry, I am still unable to set un-allocated space at the end of the drive. I am sending you the screenshot as attached file. I had tried to set 200 MB un-allocated space at the end of the HDD. I was able to create 200 MB free space, but three are no option to convert (by deleting) free space to un-allocated space. If you have solution please share with me.

With Best Regards

Kamruzzaman

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos