Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Dell Precision 3620 missing drive in RAID 1 but the drive shows up in Windows Explorer

MPenn4
Beginner

I had to recently reset a Windows 10 Pro machine due to the machine not being able to boot properly. After the reset, I noticed that I had 2 local disks showing up in my Explorer window that are the same size. Then I noticed an error in the IRST application in the system tray. It is only showing 1 available disk and the other slot for the RAID 0 array shows 0 GB of space available and a status of "Port Unknown: Missing". Details: Fix any problems reported on the array disks, rebuild the volume to a new disk. Array 0: Degraded.

Is there a way I can get IRST to recognize the available disk again. The disk is functioning and readable with no errors reported from diagnostics.

I have attached a screenshot of the IRST application and the Windows Explorer that displays both drives.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Padoke

Thank you for joining the community.

Allowed to share with you that seems that your RAID has been degraded according to the information reported on the IRST. To solve this you can try to complete a rebuild for the RAID but we have to take into consideration to avoid turning off the system to avoid more degradation on the RAID, also doing a back up of all the information before taking any other actions.

For the rebuild, we have to take into consideration that during the process the data will be erased during the process, and this can take several hours to be completed

You have mentioned that drive does not report errors on the diagnostics, I recommend that you contact the drive manufacturer verify for any diagnostic tool on their part.

This following link can help you with information on how to rebuild the RAID

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006437/technologies.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006437/technologies.html

If the option ctrl+I does not work on your system you can contact the system manufacturer for assistance in the process

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Padoke

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos