Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

Intel Content Protection HECI service conflicting with Netflix

TVade
Beginner

I've been having difficulty with the Microsoft Store's standalone Netflix app for a couple months now, When I launch the app, it hangs at the Netflix logo screen every time. I contacted Netflix and they say they are aware of the problem (which apparently is endemic to certain hardware configurations) and that there's nothing I can do but watch Netflix in a web browser until the issue is resolved. Netflix has been updated several times since that conversation, but the problem still persists. I have since successfully isolated the source of the conflict. If I disable Intel's Content Protection HECI service and reboot, Netflix launches without incident. Re-enabling Content Protection HECI results in the Netflix app reverting back to hanging at launch. I don't know if it's the Netflix app or the Intel driver that's to blame, but I figured I'd give the powers-that-be on both sides a heads up so someone can work out this chink in the armor (so to speak).

Possibly relevant details about my laptop's configuration:

Windows 10 home ver. 1709 OS Build 16299.214

Intel HD Graphics 630 driver ver. 22.20.16.4836 plus a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050ti driver ver. 23.21.13.9077

Intel i7 7700HQ

Netflix app (Microsoft store) ver. 6.51.239.0

16GB RAM

256GB NVMe SSD plus a 2TB HDD (Windows is configured to install apps and save files to the 2TB drive. The OS is installed on the SSD).
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JLitt3
Beginner

Same problem with 530 driver. Works fine with heci off. Hangs with heci enabled

0 Kudos