2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2018 7:29 AM by Intel Corporation

NUC 7i3 sound issues

blandband

Hello!

I have a problem with my NUC 7i3. I have a LG TV and a Samsung soundbar. The soundbar is connected through ARC with HDMI to the TV. The problem is that whenever I have the HDMI cable connected to the NUC. The sound from the soundbar disappears and I can only get audio if I choose that the TV should use the TV speakers.

It doesn't matter if the NUC is powered or not. It can be in standby and it feels that the NUC is "stealing" the sound from the soundbar. Whenever I turn on the NUC I get no sound from soundbar as well.

On the NUC it says that the sound plays through my TV but there is still no sound.

So I've managed to track down that the NUC is somehow in conflict with my soundbar since the soundbar works perfectly fine when the HDMI cable is not connected to the NUC. I can play audio perfectly for both normal TV and my AppleTV.

Does anyone know what the issue with the NUC can be? Is it a setting in BIOS that could control this?

• 1. Re: NUC 7i3 sound issues
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello blandband,
          Thank you for contacting us, I was reading your thread and I know that you are having a sound issue, I will be more than glad to assist you.
          In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer.  Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will generate
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility
          (You may need to copy and paste the links provided into a separate tab in case that you have issues when clicking on them)
          To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor” on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the “attach” option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.
          Also please provide us with the type of cable you are using (model number), the model number of the LG TV and the model number of the Samsung sound bar
          Regards,
          Ciany C.

• 2. Re: NUC 7i3 sound issues
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, blandband,

I was checking your case and I would like to know if you were able to get the information requested, please let me know.

Regards,

Ciany C.