Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Cannot load chipset driver. Neither Nlite or Floppy work.

idata
Employee

Hi folks,

I have tried every way to get WinXP PRO to detect my SATA internal storage HDD - and none of them have worked.

Loading the drivers using the F6 floppy method kept resulting in the message iaStor.sys is corrupted .

As an alternative I have been using Nlite to integrate the drivers into a new WINXP install disc. I downloaded the RST chipset drivers from the Intel website for my specific chipset (5000X) into a new WINXP installation disc and although the OS installs properly it still cannot detect the internal SATA HDD.

Although my OS is 32 bit I have tried slipstreaming separate 32 bit and 64 bit WINXP installation discs (in desperation) just in case the 64 bit version worked and have had no success with either.

I don't know what else I can do?

Please - does anyone have an answer?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Try changing bios setting "sata mode" to "compatible" if your m/b supports it.

idata
Employee

Thanks Yogesh

If i change from SATA mode to compatible will this result in a decrease in drive perfomance - e.g. I am using the HDD storage drive for video editing which requires high data speeds.

Many thanks, Tom.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have no idea about that.

I was installing openSUSE 11.2 on my new PC which (the OS) did not detect DVD drive. So, I set SATA to compatibility mode, installed the OS and again set the SATA mode to whatever it was before (don't remember).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks anyway Yogesh, i'll give it a go.

Kind regards, Tom.

0 Kudos