Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Error - Device failed due to malfunctioning

anguy7
Beginner

Hello Bro,

I'm trying to connect Intel Realsense SR300 to my computer (intel NUC) and I can not. In the camera explorer I have seen the SR300 recognized but I can not open it. In other samples I can only use the color mode and the depth mode seems to be disabled.

The worst thing is that I have 4 NUCs, the same configuration and all the same error. This is my NUC configuration:

Hope to get your help, thanks !

Ai.N

0 Kudos
4 Replies
anguy7
Beginner

I have found many faulty like me, I tried to try the solution I have seen but the thing isn't working.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/569944 https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/569944

Is Realsense SR300 not compatible with NUC?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

SR300 in general can have problems with Windows builds. Intel and Microsoft worked together for months to try to fix it. Unfortunately there is more than one cause of the problems, and it randomly affects some people but not others. So a single solution to fix the problem for everyone was not able to be detected.

Although the Windows build that your NUCs use (15063) is one of the builds that had trouble with SR300 cameras, I think you would be very unlucky if none of your 4 machines would work with the camera. That makes me think that the problem may be to do with the USB ports of the NUCs instead. If the ports are not stably supplying the camera with power then it can prevent detection of the camera or cause the camera to shut down as soon as it starts up.

I would recommend trying to plug the camera into a mains-powered USB hub that takes its power from a mains power socket instead of from the PC. These hubs are available for around $15 from stores such as Amazon by searching for 'powered usb 3.0 hub'.

If you have a USB device such as a tablet or phone that can have its battery charged with a USB cable, you might like to try the fix that worked for me with Build 15063.

anguy7
Beginner

Thank you for your reply, I think you were right, I will try your solution.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I look forward to hearing the results. Good luck!

0 Kudos