Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20627 Discussions

Why when using dual monitors the one that is HDMI connected the colors are washed out?

DMcGo
Beginner

Just purchased new Dell desktop with dual monitor capability. The monitor with the HDMI connection has the colors washed out and I can't get a resolution like the other monitor which is a VGA connection. When I switch monitors, the same happens. I've tried going into the Graphics Control Panel and adjusted the brightness and contrast on the monitor although its still not right. I read that this has to do with RGB full or limited settings which I do not see in the Control Panel. The Control Panel also identifies the HDMI monitor as a Digital Television S230HL. It's not a television! Suggestions to get the correct resolution?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello DRM1,

I understand that you are having problems when connecting multi-monitors as one of them shows a wrong resolution.

Regarding this, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

I would also like to know if you are connecting the monitors with cables, for example VGA to VGA and HDMI to HDMI. Or perhaps, are you using adapters?

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DRM1,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos