Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

BSoD after enabling intel Rapid storage option in Asus BIOS

idata
Employee

Hello everyone !

I recently tried to enable the Intel Rapid Storage technology option in my asus motherboard BIOS (In the EZ mode).

The problem is that after I did that, when my computer was booting, i was always having a BSoD (with the sad emoji )

I foud the solution while disabling that option in the BIOS but I ask myself why this doesn't work.

Do anybody here have the answer or a solution to that problem ?

I precise that I also tried to install an intel optane memory module of 32Gb an that the problem of BSoD appeared after the installetion of the drivers of Intel Optane (that I cannot use because I have an M.2 SSD already using the 4x channel of my chipset Z270)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What's the model number of the motherboard? What processor are you using?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have an intel I7 7700K and a asus rog strix Z270E motherboard.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Arzoter,

I understand the computer is blue screening after RAID mode was enabled in BIOS. Let me help you.

I would like to know if you previously had the operating system installed as AHCI. If you did, this means that after swapping the AHCI mode to RAID, the computer will see this as a hardware change. You will need to reinstall the operating system on this computer.

Please let me know your findings.

Allan J
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Arzoter,

Were you able to address this matter?

In case you need more assistance or if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,

Allan J.
0 Kudos
JArci
Beginner

The previous operating system was installed as AHCI. I installed the OS on a Samsung 970 Pro m.2. The issue is if I reinstall the OS I cannot install the Samsung nvme driver under IRST. Is there a way to get around enabling Inter rapid storage system in bios without reinstalling the OS?

0 Kudos