Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

HP Pavilion x360 Graphics Scaling Mouse Issue

TBrow12
Beginner

Hello, today I downloaded Blender and found that my mouse would be fine at the bottom of the screen - but the closer I get to the top would separate. The visual icon of the mouse would be under where the computer thought the mouse was. This is very frustrating and makes using this program impossible. Going onto their forums I found that it is a driver issue. However when trying to update drivers for my Intel HD Graphics 520 I got the error message saying that I have a special driver and trying to install a generic one would cause issues.

I am on Driver 21.20.16.4639, from 3/22/2017.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello tedbrown,

The software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customization, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide which contain fixes specific to the OEM hardware the driver is intended for. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer. Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

You may want to install latest OEM driver available.

If you still want to install the generic graphics driver, please follow the next steps:

1. Download the Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.60] Version: 15.60.2.4901 (Latest)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88355 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88355

2. Disconnect the computer from the Internet.

3. Uninstall the graphics driver from programs and features.

4. Restart the computer.

5. Install the graphics driver downloaded before (step one).

6. Restart the computer.

7. Connect the computer to the Internet (if required).

If the driver wasn't updated please try a manual installation as you tried before (following the steps above)

*Disconnecting the computer from the Internet during the process prevents Windows Updates from looking for the graphics driver once you uninstall it.

If you went through this process and you keep on having issues I recommend you to contact the system manufacturer.

Regards,

Ricardo.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello tedbrown,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance?

Regards,

Ricardo
0 Kudos
TBrow12
Beginner

Yes. When I try to install a new driver my computer does not let me. saying that "I have a special driver and trying to install a generic one would cause issues."

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello tedbrown

Thank you for your response.

You can try updating the drivers if you have Windows 10 following these steps:
  1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27484/a08/win64_15.65.4.4944.zip https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27484/a08/win64_15.65.4.4944.zip
  2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
  3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
  4. Click "Yes" when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
  5. Expand the Display adapters section.
  6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
  7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
  9. Click "Have Disk".
  10. Click "Browse".
  11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
  12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
  13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click "Next". Drivers are now being installed.
  14. Reboot your computer.
  15. And let me know if you have any issues with the installation.

Let me know if you have other windows version.

If the system still doesn't allow you to complete the update we recommend to contact HP for assistance on the case, as motioned previously for your system is better to use the manufacturer drivers.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello tedbrown

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos