2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2018 11:08 AM by Intel Corporation

HP Pavilion x360 Graphics Scaling Mouse Issue

tedbrown

Hello, today I downloaded Blender and found that my mouse would be fine at the bottom of the screen - but the closer I get to the top would separate. The visual icon of the mouse would be under where the computer thought the mouse was. This is very frustrating and makes using this program impossible. Going onto their forums I found that it is a driver issue. However when trying to update drivers for my Intel HD Graphics 520 I got the error message saying that I have a special driver and trying to install a generic one would cause issues.

I am on Driver 21.20.16.4639, from 3/22/2017.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: HP Pavilion x360 Graphics Scaling Mouse Issue
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello tedbrown,

The software drivers are generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customization, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide which contain fixes specific to the OEM hardware the driver is intended for. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the software provided by your system manufacturer. Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.

You may want to install latest OEM driver available.

If you still want to install the generic graphics driver, please follow the next steps:

1. Download the Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.60] Version: 15.60.2.4901 (Latest)
          https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27412/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88355

2. Disconnect the computer from the Internet.
          3. Uninstall the graphics driver from programs and features.
          4. Restart the computer.
          5. Install the graphics driver downloaded before (step one).
          6. Restart the computer.
          7. Connect the computer to the Internet (if required).

If the driver wasn't updated please try a manual installation as you tried before (following the steps above)
          *Disconnecting the computer from the Internet during the process prevents Windows Updates from looking for the graphics driver once you uninstall it.

If you went through this process and you keep on having issues I recommend you to contact the system manufacturer.

Regards,

Ricardo.

• 2. Re: HP Pavilion x360 Graphics Scaling Mouse Issue
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello tedbrown,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance? 

Regards, 
            Ricardo