Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Is there a problem that Intel® Graphics 3000 incompatible with some notebook BIOS?

舒崔
Beginner

I'm using HP Pavilion dv4-3010tx entertainment notebook. Recently I've reinstalled the operating system. Before reinstalling, it works well. However, after reinstalling the OS and drivers for graphics cards, it turned out that it can display nothing but black screen.

After searching on the Internet, I found that some users encountered the same problems. It is said that the new driver for Intel® Graphics 3000 is not compatible with the old BIOS.

Here is some basic information of my notebook:

Graphics Cards:

AMD Radeon HD 6750M

Intel Graphics 3000

I'm also wondering if updating BIOS will cause big problems to my computer. How large is the risk?

I'd really appreicate it if someone could help me. Thx.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi DavidCsy,

I understand your computer screen is black after reinstalling the operating system. Let me help you on this matter.

The Intel® HD graphics 3000 has been out for a while, this is considered a legacy product and I was not aware of this problem of compatibility with an old BIOS version. I would probably consider contacting Hewlett Packard for additional information on this matter.

Additionally, please try testing the latest graphics drivers for your graphics controller:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit?product=81500

Note: you may need to copy and paste the link in a separate window

Regards,

Allan J.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi DavidCsy,

I understand your computer screen is black after reinstalling the operating system. Let me help you on this matter.

The Intel® HD graphics 3000 has been out for a while, this is considered a legacy product and I was not aware of this problem of compatibility with an old BIOS version. I would probably consider contacting Hewlett Packard for additional information on this matter.

Additionally, please try testing the latest graphics drivers for your graphics controller:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24971/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-64-bit?product=81500

Note: you may need to copy and paste the link in a separate window

Regards,

Allan J.
舒崔
Beginner

Thanks for your reply and thank you very much.

0 Kudos