4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2018 11:54 AM by Intel Corporation

Sound quality via HDMI & Audio on NUC5i7RYH not good.

Bara-Bus

I have the latest BIOS and the quality of HDMI and Audio is as good as a $5 radio. I don't recommend any NUC to anyone as so many quality issues.

Anyone else have the same problems?

HDMI

Audio

Bluetooth

HDMI socket.

Troubles ever since purchase.

Bara-Bus

• 1. Re: Sound quality via HDMI & Audio on NUC5i7RYH not good.
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Bara-Bus,

We received you inquire about the issues that you have been facing (Audio Issues)

In order to help you better I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have in the computer.  Please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will generate
           https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

To attach a file, you must click •Use Advanced Editor” on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the “attach” option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

(You may need to copy and paste the links provided into a separate tab in case that you have issues when clicking on them)

As well can you please provide us with a longer/detailed description of your issue?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Diego S.

• 2. Re: Sound quality via HDMI & Audio on NUC5i7RYH not good.
            Bara-Bus

This does not help me as I am using LinuxMint but I do have the use of Windows 10 and find it the same.

• 3. Re: Sound quality via HDMI & Audio on NUC5i7RYH not good.
              Intel Corporation

Hello Bara-Bus,
              Thank you for your reply.
              In order to help you out we will need (as shared before) a longer/detailed description of the issue so we can try to replicate the panorama from your side.
              When it comes about Linux Mint you might be missing drivers, so I strongly recommend you to get in touch with Linux Mint support in order to find the latest files (audio ,video ,Bluetooth) which are not available in our website since the supported operating systems for your NUC are:
              Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
              Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
              Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
              As-is support for discontinued operating systems:
              Intel® drivers with older operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1) that Microsoft has discontinued, or doesn't fully support, are considered as-is in respect to features, function, debugging, and usability with recently released Intel® NUC products. Intel no longer provides updated drivers for them.
              If you have any of these Windows versions (as you specified you had) please attach to this thread the .txt file the Intel System Support Utility will create:
               https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility
              Once that we have this information we will be able to provide you with a more accurate answer.
              If by any chance you think that you are not dealing with software but hardware issues, or that you own a defective unit I strongly suggest you to look for an exchange (original place of purchase) if the product was purchased less than 30 days ago or to check the warranty of your product through our warranty online center and submit a claim there.
              Here you will find the link for the warranty checker:
              https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo

Hope this helps
              Best Regards,
              Diego S.

• 4. Re: Sound quality via HDMI & Audio on NUC5i7RYH not good.
                Intel Corporation

Hello   Bara-Bus ,
                I was taking a look to your thread and I want to know if you need further assistance regarding your ticket?
                Please don’t hesitate on replying so we can help as much as we can.

Best Regards,
                Diego S.