This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation1 of 1 people found this helpful
You are correct, there is a fix for the issue you are describing which seems to be related to the DevSleep feature of the SSD. This issue happens because the motherboard doesn’t support the DevSleep feature of the drive, so the signal required to wake up the SSD when it enters in a low power state is not properly sent by the motherboard, therefore you see that the SSD disappear after some time.
In order to fix this issue, please follow these instructions:
- The first thing to check is the BIOS of the motherboard. As this issue is caused by the motherboard not supporting the DevSleep feature, it may be fixed by updating the BIOS. An updated BIOS may include support for the DevSleep feature, so please check if you motherboard has the BIOS updated. You can go to your motherboard’s manufacturer website to check this information.
- If the BIOS is already updated or if there are no updates for it, we can proceed with the following steps in order to flash the SSD with a special firmware for this specific issue.
- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25348, and download the issdfut_2.0.15.iso
- Go to https://rufus.akeo.ie/ and download Rufus.
- Connect an empty USB flash drive to the PC.
- Open Rufus. Change only the option Device and select your USB flash drive.
- Still in Rufus, go to ISO image, click on search and select the issdfut_2.0.15.iso you previously downloaded.
- Go to your BIOS and set the USB flash drive as the primary drive in the boot priority menu.
- Reboot your PC. Once the PC starts again, it should enter in the firmware update tool for your SSD.
- Update the firmware and then boot Windows*.
Please let me know if you have any issue with one of the steps below.
I’ll be waiting for you response.
Have a nice day.
This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation
Thanks for confirming that the firmware update fixed the issue.
If you have future questions please don’t hesitate to post them in the community. We’ll try to help you in any way we can.
Have a nice day!