Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14509 Discussions

Mechanical/Thermal Design Guidelines

CMcNa
Beginner

Hi,

I was wondering if and when a mechanical/thermal design guideline would be made available for usage for Socket R4/LGA 2066. I am interested in the thermal design specifications as well as the mechanical layout of the socket and mounting locations as I am in process of designing a thermal interface for a custom waterblock.

Thank you in advance for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello cmmcnamara,

I noticed your brief description and I understand that you need a mechanical/thermal design guideline for your designs process.

It will be more than a pleasure to redirect you to the right team of support. In this case in order to obtain this kind of information you will need to contact a special area of support which is our Intel Design Center.

By registering yourself here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/my-intel/design-center-sign-in.html?redirect=/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/my-intel/design-center-sign-in.html?redirect=/content/www/us/en/design/resource-design-center.html

You will be able to get in touch with the right area of support, submit a ticket and follow the steps from the people that are in charge in order to get the desired information.

Hope this helps

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos
CMcNa
Beginner

Hi Diego,

Thank you for the response. I just want to verify if it is possible for me to register for such an account? I am not a corporation and am not planning on commercializing the design, this would be for my own purposes. I would like access to that resource but I just want to ensure that I can register for this type of account.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello cmmcnamara,

Thank you for your response.

In this case yes, you will be able to register yourself in the link provided.

Once that you have your account and create a ticket number, the representative in charge from that department will get in touch with you in order to provide all the details about the process. They will be the ones in charge or letting you know if they can actually provide the desired information.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos