Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD 530 Graphics drivers

KReal1
Beginner

I am having issues with the most recent W10 1709 updates and running two external monitors.

The two monitors both worked prior to the most recent updates, but since the updates and running driver 21.20.16.4550 I have issues on restart where the device shows issues in the device manager and does not work. I can sometimes re-install the drivers and get things running, but other times the system will only run one of the monitors from the HDMI port, while the USB port does not detect a monitor.

If I run check for updates from device manager the system installs driver 22.20.16.4836, which does not detect a monitor from the USB port, and only runs the monitor from the HDMI.

My machine details are below, and all of the updates and drivers are current, so it seems Lenovo may not have identified this issue yet as the recommended driver does not work with these latest updates.

Has anyone experienced similar issues or found a driver that will work with the recent updates and two external monitors?

Thanks in advance,

K

Computer

LENOVO 80NV

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Version

OS Build

Build Branch

rs3_release

Locale

English (United States)

Windows Directory

C:\WINDOWS

System Directory

C:\WINDOWS\system32

.NET Framework Versions

2.0.50727.4927, 3.0.30729.4926, 3.5.30729.4926, 4.0.0.0, 4.7.02556

Default Internet Browser

Internet Explorer 11.192.16299.0

Installed Internet Browsers

Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 11.192.16299.0

Processor

Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

Adapter Compatibility

NVIDIA

Video Processor

GeForce GTX 960M

Driver Provider

NVIDIA

Driver Version

Driver Date

6/18/2017

Adapter DAC Type

Integrated RAMDAC

Adapter RAM

4.00 GB

Availability

Status

This device is working properly.

PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0

Device Id

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_139B&SUBSYS_380217AA&REV_A2\4&3807D8BA&0&0008

Intel® HD Graphics 530

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

Adapter Compatibility

Intel Corporation

Video Processor

Intel® HD Graphics Family

Resolution

1920 x 1080

Bits Per Pixel

Number of Colors

Refresh Rate - Current

60 Hz

Refresh Rate - Maximum

60 Hz

Refresh Rate - Minimum

60 Hz

Driver Provider

Intel Corporation

Driver Version

Driver Date

11/11/2016

Adapter DAC Type

Internal

Adapter RAM

1.00 GB

Availability

Running at full power

Status

This device is working properly.

PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0

Device Id

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_191B&SUBSYS_380217AA&REV_06\3&11583659&0&10

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Try drivers from this list https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/88345/Intel-HD-Graphics-530 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 530

Select OS from right pull-down menu. Hit "show more".

To bypass message "best driver is already installed", "customized computer manufacturer driver" or "computer is not validated" install driver via have disk method as described at:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface (ignore prolog about MS surface)

0 Kudos
KReal1
Beginner

Thank you Stefan, but unfortunately this did not work. I have a 64-bit machine and the recommended driver - 15.60.2.4901 does not work with two monitors.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kreal,

I understand that you are having problems to run 2 monitors at the same time, I apologize for any inconvenience.

I was checking the information sent by you and I can see that you also have a dedicated video card. According to the details the driver of that video card is not yet updated. Please check the following link:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/130637/en-us http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/130637/en-us

"Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there."

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
KReal1
Beginner

Thank you David, I have updated the Nvidia driver, and then attempted to install the recommended driver 15.60.2.4901 but immediately one of the monitors stopped so I rolled back the intel driver to 21.20.16.4550, which brought the monitor back on.

Additionally, on the OS my details are below.

Thank you for the assistance.

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

• Version1709
  • OS Build10.0.16299
  • Build Branchrs3_release
  • LocaleEnglish (United States)
  • Windows DirectoryC:\WINDOWS
  • System DirectoryC:\WINDOWS\system32
  • .NET Framework Versions2.0.50727.4927, 3.0.30729.4926, 3.5.30729.4926, 4.0.0.0, 4.7.02556
  • Default Internet BrowserInternet Explorer 11.192.16299.0
  • Installed Internet BrowsersMozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 11.192.16299.0
0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

...I rolled back the intel driver to 21.20.16.4550, which brought the monitor back on...

Try 21.20.16.4821 from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27227/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-?product=88345 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.45]

It is the same driver branch.

0 Kudos
KReal1
Beginner

Thank you Stefan. I installed 4821 and had similar problems. Initially everything worked fine with both monitors, but on restart there were issues which required hard restarts and eventually after logging in the device was not working properly. I have gone back to 4550 and appreciate any further recommendations or assistance in finding a compatible driver.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kreal,

Thank you for your responses,

I was checking some details and I would like to know if you have tried checking under "Graphics Properties" and then select "Multi-monitor"? This is to check and see if both monitors show there or only one.

If both show there then it is important to configure them from there by either selecting clone or extend. Once this is done, both of the displays should show and be on. Let me know the outcome please.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kreal,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
KReal1
Beginner

Hi David,

My apologies, but it appears as though my response didn't post correctly. When I checked with the recommended drivers from this thread and in Graphics properties only one monitor was showing, even when I attempted to detect additional monitors.

Thank you for your assistance with this and please let me know if I can provide any additional details which may assist in diagnosing the issue.

Regards,

K

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kreal,

Thank you for your response,

I was checking some information about the system and the different details you have provided and I was able to see that you are using a USB port to get image. That configuration is not supported since the video signal should be via HDMI, Display Port or USB-C.

Also, this issue seems to be more related to hardware limitations since there is only one extra HDMI port and in this kind of configuration it would only take the built-in monitor plus the extra monitor via HDMI.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
KReal1
Beginner

Thank you all for the assistance.

I believe I have found the issue, which was related to another graphics driver - Trigger External Graphics Family, which I found in my programs. This driver seems to have been related to Magix Movie Edit. While everything was previously running fine with 2 monitors, one from HDMI, and the second from USB, it seems that the January W10 1709 updates triggered conflicts between the Intel/ NVIDIA, and this Trigger driver which must have installed with the Movie edit program.

I have now uninstalled the Trigger driver, and everything seems to be working as it should and no further problems running the two monitors or restarting the machine as normal.

Thank you all again for the help, and hopefully this thread will assist any others who may run into similar issues.

Cheers,

K

0 Kudos