Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

I7-7700HQ Temperature

DHern6
Beginner

Hello, i have an MSI gaming laptop with a 7th gen i7 processor, while playing pubg the temperature of the cpu hovers between 85°C and 90°C, is that temperature good according to that specifically demanding game?, if not how could i improve it? thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
aandr28
New Contributor I

those temperatures while playing PUB is a bit too high but normal, try WOT it uses just one core and heats up kaby lake cpu's up to the max.

All you can do is undervolting from negative 0.135 to negative 0.150mV it will reduce heat it will reduces TDP usage to less then 45 so your cpu will not get throttled down to 2.7-2.8Ghz

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Those temperatures are a little high. I would be try to keep the max temperature in the low 80s, with only the odd, short duration spikes above that. Check if you laptop's BIOS has a place where you can modify the fan speed control thresholds.

...S

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

those temperatures while playing PUB is a bit too high but normal, try WOT it uses just one core and heats up kaby lake cpu's up to the max.

All you can do is undervolting from negative 0.135 to negative 0.150mV it will reduce heat it will reduces TDP usage to less then 45 so your cpu will not get throttled down to 2.7-2.8Ghz

0 Kudos
DHern6
Beginner

yeah, i downloaded intel extreme utility and undervolted, the temperature while playing pubg went from 85°- 90° to 79°C

0 Kudos