1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 2:04 PM by NETSTATINFO

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH CPU - CHOKE (NON-GPU-RELATED)

NETSTATINFO

[JWL1] HECI.PNG
      The following will fix your INTEL NUC and or other INTEL boards and Kits running Windows RS3-1709-16299.194

I had recently been hit with an issue that caused a BSOD with the following STOP code APC_INDEX_MISMATCH without any other information.  2x things that I had found during my troubleshooting steps, like anyone familiar, I went straight to the event log’s only to find alert messages about CPU load from GROUP ID 0 had been moved to xx.xxx and so forth depending on your CPU cores.  I did a CPU stress test it bombed again at the BSOD.  With the same error message.  Given the fact that in my environment I am running a MSFT-Windows-Storage_Space for External Data, during my CPU stress test it errored out via SATA IO threshold test, the curl pit was found in a bad STORAGE POOL with INTEL’s Content Protection HECI Service. Along with INTEL SUR QC Software Asset Manager. I fired up the run command (Windows+R) and typed msconfig, disabling the following above had no longer had an issue since.  I ping back through out the day or in the following days to confirm. 

Summary:

If using a drive with SATA support and BSOD happens with APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, try disabling the following.

• · INTEL’s Content Protection HECI Service. Along with INTEL SUR QC Software Asset Manager
      • · If using with Storage Space via Windows Rebuild / repair Storage Space & or check for bad sectors. How-to found via Microsoft which also applies to Windows 10 Client (Click-Here) & (Here)

If not using a drive with Storage Spaces and or Storage Pools, try disabling the following.

• · INTEL’s Content Protection HECI Service. Along with INTEL SUR QC Software Asset Manager

[JWL1]The Following will cause BSOD – APC_INDEX_MISMATCH with CPU choke and IO

NOTE*  IF someone has a better fix for the time being please let me know and let's keep this thread as a central hub for a fix for others.

Later guys & gals.