6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2018 6:44 PM by TX

7i7BNH video driver 4901_BN 4K videos play green in Kodi

TX

it's been a while since I've been here. I have had such good luck with my NUC until recently. I installed video driver 4901_BN and now 4K videos when played in kodi all I get is a green screen (4k 2160p). I've re-installed the OS clean w10x64 1709 about a half dozen times now with the same result. the older video drivers that i download from the NUC driver page no longer have the _BN appended and will not install as they say they are not for my hardware platform. Has anyone else had such a problem? If I go into Kodi and turn off hardware decoding the videos play fine, but as a result they are very choppy and CPU load is near 100%. I never had this problem until installing 4901 driver bundle. Just thought I'd ask if anyone else ran into this problem and where can I get the _BN versions of older drivers to try? The download links on intel's site take you to the non BN version.

• 1. Re: 7i7BNH video driver 4901_BN 4K videos play green in Kodi
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello TX 

Thank you for joining the community
          Let me share with you the link to download the previous graphics version for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i7BNH

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27349/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC7i3BN-NUC7i5BN-and-NUC7i7BN?product=95065

First please follow the steps below to uninstall the graphics driver:
          1. On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc
          2. Expand the Display Adapters section.
          3. Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).
          4. Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.
          5. Select the checkbox Delete the driver software for this device.
          6. Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Then install the version on the link above following these steps

2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
          3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.
          4. Click “Yes” when prompted for permission from User Account Control.
          5. Expand the Display adapters section.
          6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.
          7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".
          8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".
          9. Click "Have Disk".
          10. Click "Browse".
          11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".
          12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".
          13. Click Open, then click "OK", and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
          14. Reboot your computer.
          And let me know if you have any issues with the installation.

-Also if it is possible to let us know the video cable connection you are using?

Please let me know the outcome

Regards,
          Leonardo C.

• 2. Re: 7i7BNH video driver 4901_BN 4K videos play green in Kodi
            TX

The have disk option works to roll back to older drivers (not sure why I can't use the installer from the package?)  but now I'm having video dropouts to black, which was a known issue.  Kodi is still not detecting the directx verison or graphic adapter  - this is with kodi 18 build.

the kodi version 17.6 from the Microsoft app store detects the correct hardware and does play 4K HEVC. Is this a driver issue or a kodi development issue?

working:

not working:

Any thoughts guys?

Cheers,

Chris.

The not working version will not play 4K video or H265. I get a green screen during both. I'm not sure who to contact to make this work as it worked up until the last month and now it appears to be broken.

• 3. Re: 7i7BNH video driver 4901_BN 4K videos play green in Kodi
              Intel Corporation

Hello TX

Thank you for your response,

Could you let us know the storage source of the video? If it is on local storage, USB, DVD or Blu-ray  

Does this happen on other media players, like windows media player or FLV?

Regards,        
              Leonardo C.

• 4. Re: 7i7BNH video driver 4901_BN 4K videos play green in Kodi
                vs2

I had the same issue. Try going into display settings and set Quantization Range to 'Full'. Then go to color settings and disable YCbCR.

• 5. Re: 7i7BNH video driver 4901_BN 4K videos play green in Kodi
                  Intel Corporation

Hello TX

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help.  If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,
                  Leonardo C.

• 6. Re: 7i7BNH video driver 4901_BN 4K videos play green in Kodi
                    TX

The issue was resolved by the Kodi development team. They had an issue where it was unable to detect the proper surface display for 10bit HEVC encoded files.

They released a fix the next day and all is well.

Thanks.