Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

unable to enable intel optane even after every option was set

SSqui
Beginner

I have set up everthing that I had to for example disabling csm and enabling port remmapping.My issue is that the enable button is greyed out on the intel rst and I have tried all of possilbe methods and non of them have worked

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi siddarthsentil545,

From the description you provided and the system log file attached, it seems that you cannot enable the Intel® Optane™ memory because the port remapping is not enable properly. Could you please explain me how you set the remapping setting?

I don't have the same motherboard as you have, but in my case, in order to enable the port remapping I have to change the setting SATA Mode Selection which is originally set as AHCI to Intel Optane Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration (RAID). This change in the setting option automatically enable another option named PCI Storage RAID Support which should be set to Enabled.

Then you have to disable the CSM setting as well, but you mentioned that you already did this.

Please check the screenshot below just as an illustrative step of the change I just mentioned. Since you have a different motherboard, you will have to look for this setting in your BIOS menu.

If the option Intel Optane Intel RST Premium With Intel Optane System Acceleration (RAID) is not available, then the RST driver is probably missing. In order to install it, go to this site and download the driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27400/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST- Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST)

Please check the screenshots below of the test I did. If you check your Device Manager, under Disk drives, you will see that the Intel® Optane™ memory appears as INTEL MEMPEK1W016GA. This means that it's recognized by the system but not as an NVMe device because the remapping setting is not enabled. I was able to confirm it in my system too. When I enabled the port remapping setting in the way I described above, the Intel® Optane™ memory appeared as NVMe INTEL MEMPEK1W01. At this point, you should be able to enable the device using the Intel® RST application.

Please check the setting options I described above in order to enable the port remapping. Let me know if you have issues with that.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi siddarthsentil545,

I'd like to know if you were able to set up your Intel® Optane™ memory or if you still need help with that.

If so, please let me know if you were able to enable to port remapping as I described it in my previous post.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
SSqui
Beginner

Hi Diego V sorry for the late reply but I have just checked my bios and it was enabled as well and my optane is disabled

0 Kudos
SSqui
Beginner

Hi Diego I have attached an image of my pc's bios setting which shows the port remapping (Sorry for the bad quality image)

0 Kudos