Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

OpenGL 2.1 sdk impossible to find

ddahl1
Beginner

hello is there a possible way to even find any older versions of opengl or did it just all of the sudden vanish ever since windows 10 rat got release?

i got a program that i have been working on for a while that uses openGL 2.1 that i made on my older PC that runs windows 7 and i tried using it on the godly awful windows 10 after buying a new PC and it seems that intel driver has forced itself to use a garbage version of opengl 4.5. i would love to downgrade if that is even possible with this embarrassment of a OS(win10) is there even a possible way to get atleast the Opengl libraries from 2.1 or even 2.0 ?

reason i did not retrieve from my old pc is because the HDD burned out and is not responding to anything and i managed to find my old version of my program on external drive without the libraries i need to compile correctly or my already compiled version doesnt work with the new windows 10 because of the opengl 4.5

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Check out:

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Complaining on this (Intel) forum about Windows 10, is like complaining to Dixie Cup about the coffee.

Doc

0 Kudos