10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2018 5:35 AM by lw1948

nuc7i5 no audio

gpoffmachs

i have lost the audio to my 3.5 jack since windows did their update

if i click on speaker in bottom right it just scans and says restart to finish installing drivers and updates. yet never does anything

my control panel - sound says no devices are installed. no matter how many times i completely remove them from the system and reinstall from intel

device manager - sound - asks me to reinstall the drivers for this device   code 18

if i try to update driver from device manager it will not update. even when i select the file from my desktop download

so then i uninstall from device manager, scan for hardweare changes and it says yello exclamation on intel high definition audio. when i click it it says device is not configured correctly   code 1

so i select update driver -- link   it searches the web then comes back and says  access is denied   wtf   I AM ADMINISTRATOR ON THIS NUC

I HAVE DOWNLOADED the latest driver from intel   6.0.0.7982  x64

i run the setup to install and it completes the process and asks for a restart... which i do and end up with the exact same issue    NO AUDIO

i have differnet case #s open with microsoft but they keep passing me off to 800.936.4900 which after entering all the pertinent info says the number is disconnected and hangs up. good job idiots

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS PLEASE