Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Should we roll back Bios if Intel pulled the latest version?

KMcMi2
Beginner

I updated my Intel S1200SPLR server board bios as per instructions from Intel in this forum and been noticing many errors in my host OS and starting to wonder if they are not Bios related. I just went back to see if there are any newer versions of the bios than what I installed and noticed that the one I had downloaded and installed is no longer listed. Is there somewhere to find if Intel pulled a bios and for what reasons? Should I attempt to roll back the bios to the older current version?

Previous installed Bios as per link provided to me at the time

Build Stamp : S1200SP family.86B.03.01.1028

Build Date : Dec 18, 2017

Current version if I follow the same link and check the product page

Build Stamp : S1200SP.86B.03.01.0026

Build Date : Sep 27, 2017

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Kieran,

Regarding your question, "if you should roll back the BIOS version".

If you are encountering problems, I do recommend you to roll back to the BIOS you had previously.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kieran,

I will like to follow UP on your original question if you should roll back the BIOS version.

If you are encountering problems, I do recommend you to roll back to the BIOS you had previously.

Please let me know If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask or if we can close the forum.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Kieran,

I am sorry because we have not received any updated on you question. I will proceed on closing the case..

Please let me know If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask or if we can close the forum.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos