4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2018 2:15 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel HD Graphics slower than how its should be

tuxutku

I am using Antergos right now and i am a linux user for couple years. I just noticed that i am having this issue since i started to use linux.

My first distribution was ubuntu and i had this problem, desktop environment was fluid and drivers was loaded but i was getting %25 lower performance at 3d rendering (Ubuntu 17.04, lxde, BombSquad was running at average 45 fps  and xonotic glx - big key bench had 24 as lowest fps)

Then i switched to clear linux and suprized by the results (clear linux, xfce, BombSquad was running at average 60 fps and xonotic glx - big key bench had 38 as lowest fps)

After i am updated to version 20320 clear linux had great performance drop in graphical applications (clear linux, xfce, BombSquad was running at average 45 fps and xonotic glx - big key bench had 28 as lowest fps)

My github issue about this problem: Heavy frame drops in graphical applications · Issue #9 · clearlinux/distribution · GitHub

After no response received i switched to Antergos with xfce desktop environment on my old hard disk (i still keep clear linux at my second hard disk for if someone requests a feed back), then i received same performance (Antergos, xfce, BombSquad was running at average 46 fps and xonotic glx - big key bench had 27 as lowest fps)

Here is my Antergos issue page: https://forum.antergos.com/topic/9008/intel-hd-graphics-is-slower-than-it-should-be

Antergos issue page has lots of information and also github issue page has information too.

I couldn't found anyone else heaving this issue.

my computer is Toshiba Satellite C655 with 4GB of RAM and Intel Core i3 i3-380M processor, using a secondary VGA monitor with 1360x768 resolution