Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14514 Discussions

Can we install Visual studio 2017, Autocad, Maya etc on Intel I5 8ht gen processor (base freq 1.6ghz) laptop as these software require minimum base frequency 1.8 ghz or more?

AP12
Beginner

Intel I5 8ht gen processor has base frequent 1.6 ghz, but now a days many software like Visual studio 2017, Auto cad, Maya etc require minimum base frequency 1.8 ghz or more. Is it mean that we can not install these software on latest core i5 8th gen laptops?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello amit281219

Thank you for joining the community

The Intel® Core™ i5 8th gen processors base frequency is 1.60 GHz, those processors can go up to 3.40 GHz frequency with the Intel® turbo boost technology this will be depending on the system workload; also this speeds will be different depending on the model.

The technology has to be enabled on the BIOS, please refer to the manufacturer of your laptop to review the configuration of the feature.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Since Leonardo didn't come out and say it, I will...

Yes, you can use these applications on this laptop. The 1.8GHz requirement was stated in terms of the performance of much older processors. Yours is brand new and has much better performance. You should have no issues at all running these applications.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos