I posted about the issue with this version back on the 16th. Received assurances from Intel that it was tested and good. Even showed me testing results, see my post. Guess what, it's bogus, the upgrade is not a good one. Tried it again, my NUC almost became unbootable, oh and gee, they've pulled it from the driver's section for the system.
Luckily I was able to go back to 0367 again and now have a usable system.
Intel really needs to step up and get it right...quickly.
i'd need an information: when will intel release, actually, the new corrected bios for NUC kit 5i5ryh?
I' m waiting , as many others , for it
I glance regularly at the "microcode revision guidance" document published periodically by intel and i've verified that the status for the broadwell U/Y has become "production" since february 24 (before was in "beta" status, the step just before "production", that is the final stage for delivery to customers)
so, when , finally, we could download the new corrected bios from the intel download center?
thanks for any infos
Just to make sure you (and everyone else reading this) are grounded, the Meltdown and SpectreA vulnerabilities cannot be fixed in microcode (workarounds are being implemented in the various O/Ss); only the SpectreB vulnerability can be fixed in microcode.
Intel's schedules for delivering BIOS updates including the SpectreB microcode changes are being published here:
Intel's product groups will update these schedules as microcode updates clear validation and are made available to them. Remember that, in the case of boards supporting socketed processors, the microcode updates for all supported processors must be available before the BIOS update will be produced.
Check these pages regularly for updates to the schedules and the Download Center for BIOS updates actually being released.
many thanks, scott, for the new links to look at
yes, I understand and know the necessity for OS patches for meltdown and spectre v1. in fact, I have already readily updated W10 against those vulnerabilities...I have maintained the previously installed bios 0368 too, because the collateral unexpected "reboots or crashes" are very sporadic (barely once a week) and I can live with them for the sake of security... obviously,.waiting for a new , imminent, corrected bios
my request for infos was just for the time between availability of microcode (status "production") and delivery to customers (at download center)... simply, how many days, if someone knew it
I'Il keep wait for it
again, many thanks, for your always clear and accurate answers