Items with no label
3335 Discussions

how to call the function CreateDepthMappedToColor correcttly?

娄娄
Beginner

I want to create an instance of class of PXCProjection , then use the instance to call the function CreateDepthMappedToColor to make color image and depth image aligned. But it's always wrong........ help!!!! First, Thanks for your time and assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A script in the RealSense documentation for C++ suggests phrases the PXCProjection line like this:

PXCProjection *projection=device->CreateProjection();

One of my pet hates about coding documentation of any kind is when they give a heading that sets out formatting for an instruction, and then the actual code in a script that calls that instruction is nothing like the heading.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A script in the RealSense documentation for C++ suggests phrases the PXCProjection line like this:

PXCProjection *projection=device->CreateProjection();

One of my pet hates about coding documentation of any kind is when they give a heading that sets out formatting for an instruction, and then the actual code in a script that calls that instruction is nothing like the heading.

娄娄
Beginner

Thanks !! As you said, I set up a series of instances according to the official document, this time there is no grammatical mistakes. But when I debug, it shows the following error

The cap (an instance of PXCCapture) is nullptr..... I'm almost endocrine disorders

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A quick and dirty way to get past it may be to just sweep it under the carpet by unticking the 'Break when this exception type is thrown' box and see whether ignoring it has a negative impact on the program's running.

Alternatively, you could try this to officially mark the p variable as nullptr:

int* p = nullptr;

0 Kudos
jb455
Valued Contributor II

I think you may need to call QueryCaptureManager and the next 4 lines after enabling the streams and initialising the sensemanager, as calling Init wakes up the camera so before that there's no device etc available. I may be wrong!

0 Kudos