Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Transparent app window in fullscreen mode Intel GPU 600 series

NSkib
Beginner

Hello! Recently we have faced a problem with fullscreen mode of our app after start. Description of the issue is below. Both SSU and DxDiag reports are attached. Thank you in advance!

CategoryQuestionsAnswers (N/A if not applicable)DescriptionProvide a detailed description of the issueWhen application is starting in fullscreen mode at any of monitor, include single display mode, its surface become transparent, but available for UX interaction (all buttons and interface elements could be clicked). If by any reason interface is repainted (for example we blindly clicked on UX button 'Settings') then it becomes normal (non transparent) and then behave as usual till restart. Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")</span>Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):</span>Hardware (HW)Brand and Model of the system.Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?Only Intel HD Graphics 630, 620 Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)Two EFP monitors:

Acer K242HL

Acer K242HL How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).16 GB Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etcVGA & HDMI Hardware Stepping (see note1 below). Software (SW)Operating System version (see note2 below).Windows 10 Pro 64-bit VBIOS (video BIOS) version. This can be found in "information page" of CUI (right click on Desktop and select "Graphics Properties".BIOS Date: 07/06/17 15:13:54 Ver: 05.0000C...
0 Kudos
37 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello NSkiba,

I understand that you are having problems with an application that starts transparent when it is started in full screen mode. I apologize for any inconvenience that may be causing.

Regarding this problem, I see that the graphics driver is up to date and everything seems to be fine, however, I would like to know if you could tell us the following and/or follow the steps:

1) How many applications are showing the problem?

2) Can you please try with only one monitor and HDMI?

3) Is the app/apps affected up to date? If not, please update them.

4) Is your Windows up to date? If not, please update it.

5) If there is a latest version of the software please attempt to install it.

6) If none of the steps work a re-installation of the operating system is another option that could be tried.

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
NSkib
Beginner

1) How many applications are showing the problem?

We have not tested many applications, at the moment there is only one app affected.

2) Can you please try with only one monitor and HDMI?

Same result.

3) Is the app/apps affected up to date? If not, please update them.

The same result with all latest versions of the app. Also tried some of old versions with the same results already.

4) Is your Windows up to date? If not, please update it.

Windows 10x64 Pro was updated to version 1709

OS Build 16299.192

but still the same result of reproducing the issue

5) If there is a latest version of the software please attempt to install it.

Already updated.

6) If none of the steps work a re-installation of the operating system is another option that could be tried.

The issue was also reproduced on the second workstation with the same HD Graphics 630, and the third one with 620.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSkiba,

Thank you for your response,

Up to this point I would need you to please provide me with a screenshot of the problem. This is to have a better insight and attempt to find a solution. If possible I would also like to have a video of when you start the program and when it goes from "transparent" to "solid" so we can have more information.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
NSkib
Beginner

Hello David,

Here it is https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i4NbpOmMX-vTJYo5QmAjuIxsa6SaEenu bandicam 2018-01-30 12-03-10-927.mp4 - Google Drive

As you can see, windows become transparent at start (background color is black because of program starts as shell, explorer.exe didn't started). Then, after clicking blindly on some menus at the top of screen, some part of screen is refreshed and displays ok, but the other parts of interface stay transparent.

Thank you in advance! Please ask if you need any additional info.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSkiba,

I would like you to try the following steps:

Please follow these steps to change the graphics driver:

1. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

2. Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

3. Expand the Display adapters section.

4. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

5. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

6. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

7. Select "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and let it install.

After the process is complete, please attempt to open the software again. Let us know if there is any changes.

If the previous step does not work, please try to rollback the graphics driver by following the steps below:

1. Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=98909 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?product=98909

2. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

3. Right-click Windows Start icon and open Device Manager.

4. Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

5. Expand the Display adapters section.

6. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

7. Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

8. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer".

9. Click "Have Disk".

10. Click "Browse".

11. Access the designated location or folder, and access a folder called "Graphics".

12. Select the file called "igdlh64" or "igdlh".

13. Click Open, then click OK, and finally click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

14. Reboot your computer.

Let us know the outcome please.

Regards,

David V

0 Kudos
NSkib
Beginner

Hello David,

We follow your instructions, but the problem reproduce with the newest driver and with 4729 version you suggest.

I've attached new video of reproducing after driver downgrade to 4729

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12aF9cwJ0nOKt-fTYhqlGxfWGKNx86lM4 bandicam 2018-02-01 12-52-39-245.mp4 - Google Drive

Please ask if you need any additional information.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSkiba,

According to our testings and the different steps followed it does not seem to be an issue with the Graphics driver. Up to this point there are few things that could be tried in order to fix the problem:

1 - Re-install the application and try to open it, contact the app developer to see if there is any patch or update that can be done to fix the problem.

2 - If the previous step did not work, attempt to re-install the operating system.

3 - Check compatibility between the hardware and the application which can be checked with the application developer.

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
NSkib
Beginner

Hello, David!

According to the fact, that the application work OK on the version 4664 and not OK on the version 4901, with the same version of application and OS Windows 10 Pro - it looks like the issue is exactly with the Graphics driver.

1. Actually, we are the developers of that application and already have tested its latest version.

2. Already tried also on different workstations

3. Hardware capabilities was OK on 4664 version of Graphics driver.

Could you please help me to understand what changes in Intel Graphics HD driver since 4664 could be resulted in the issue? Or what could be changed in our application to fix that graphics driver issue from our side?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSkiba

I was downloading the free version (AxxonNext-4.0.2.5237) of the app from your website, to start replicating the issue, is it ok if I use this version? I see you are using a newer version, does de issue happens in version 4.0.2.5237 as well?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSkiba

Thank you for your response and the download information, we are going to try to replicate the situation, we will be posting back when news becomes available

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSkiba

Thank you for your response and the download information, we are going to try to replicate the situation, we will be posting back when news becomes available

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSkiba

Thank you for waiting, allowed me to share with you that we were working to replicate your situation; these were the steps taken on the lab:

-Use Intel® HD 650.

-Clean installation of Windows® 10.

-Update graphics drivers to .4944.

-Installed software AxxonNext-4.0.2.5237.

-Complete the free license registration.

-Opened the software and we were not able to see the main screen of the software and not able to use other actions like mouse clicking

We use that version above due to the other download link provided is not working; if possible could you provide us with a working download link for that version?

Could you also provide us with the driver report following with steps?
  • Right click on your desktop.
  • Open the Intel® HD graphics control panel.
  • Go to options and support.
  • Information center.
  • On the lower right corner use to save option to save the .TXT report.
  • Please attach the report to the tread.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSkiba

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSkiba

Thank you for your response and the download link, we are going download that version and post back as soon as news become available.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
NSkib
Beginner

Hello Leonardo!

I think it will be helpful information, that we did some tests on this issue with the driver version 15.65.4.4944.

At the moment, app window is not transparent at the first start, but if we exit the application and start it again - the problem do reproduce.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSkiba

Thank you for your response and for that information.

If it is possible could you provide us with screenshots/picture of the problem?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
NSkib
Beginner

Here it is. As I mentioned before, that behaviour is possible after the second start of an app. The first start is ok.

Please ask if you need any additional info!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello NSkiba

Thank you for waiting we are working with the version you have provided, by the way, thank you for the information

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos