2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2018 2:32 PM by Intel Corporation

Intel Online Connect fails to install (error 0x80070643)

CharlyAR

I was looking into Intel Online Connect, since Lenovo lists my ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd gen i7-7600U as compatible (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/rs/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-X-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-X1-YOGA-TYPE-20JD-20JE-20JF-20JG/downloads/DS500906).

But whenever I try to install it, setup fails with error 0x80070643. There is no clear enough information about why, just the ininteligible log attached.

Does somebody have any idea of what could be going on?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Intel Online Connect fails to install (error 0x80070643)
          maryt_intel

Hi CharlyAR,

I apologize for the delay in responding! I found someone internally who is able to help answer your questions.

We’d like to get more information from your system if possible:

1. b.      From the log the user has uploaded, it looks like Intel® Online Connect is creating 3 additional log files that the user has not uploaded:
          2. 1.       Intel®_Online_Connect_20180121225343_000_IOCA_INSTALLER.log
          3. 2.       Intel®_Online_Connect_20180121225343_001_IOC_UPDATER.log
          4. 3.       Intel®_Online_Connect_20180121225343_002_IOC_INSTALLER.log

We would like to get a copy of the above log files from C:\Users\Carlos\AppData\Local\Temp

1. c.       We would also like to get the following system configuration details:
            • Processor (Grab this information string from Control Panel\System and Security\System – Processor)
            • OS version (Run winver.exe to get this)
            • ME FW version
            • ME SW version
            • Graphics driver version
            • Fingerprint sensor driver version

When you reply with this information, the Attach button is in the lower right hand corner. Thanks, we look forward to hearing back from you!

Mary T.

Support Community Manager

• 2. Re: Intel Online Connect fails to install (error 0x80070643)
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hi CharlyAR,

We are following on your post since we requested some information a few days ago, but we haven't received a reply yet.

We will be waiting for your reply

Best Regards
            Luis H