Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

black screen with intel graphics driver 4000

TTran20
Beginner

Hi

I have Intel graphics driver 4000 for a Lenovo Yoga laptop (Intel core i7 3517U).

If this driver is running, the screen is black. If I disable the driver, the screen comes back again. The Intel driver works with the screen runs normal under Safe Mode too.

I have also tried manually installing the latest version for the driver from you website. I noticed someone has had a similar problem with a different laptop and graphics driver ( ) - but the solution provided was specific to that laptop brand (I think!). I have searched for those mentioned in the solution on Lenovo website and found something potential not sure if they are the right one.

Could you please let me know what is best for me to try?

Thanks,

T
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

...I have also tried manually installing the latest version for the driver from you website...

Did the installation itself fail, or did the driver fail after successful installation?

Upload a report from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* for more help.

0 Kudos
TTran20
Beginner

Installation from exe or zip files work fine, but I did have to do manually if I want it to use the newest driver from Intel (2017) - as for some reasons Windows determines the "best version" was an older one back in 2015.

And from the software you suggested:

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

The screenshot shows only infos you named before.

"step 3 submit / save the system info to a file" generates a complete system report.

0 Kudos