Items with no label
3335 Discussions

D415 is showing only depth stream and not RGB color stream

ngupt8
Beginner

I just received a new D415 real sense camera. In Real sense Viewer, I can see only depth camera. In Device Manager also it is showing only depth camera. How can I install the RGB camera?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Nawal,

Thanks for contacting Intel customer support.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the RGB driver, please try some or all of these steps to get your Windows 10 PC to recognize the Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera D415 or D435.

1. Reboot the system

2. Plug in the camera to a different USB 3.0 port

3. Connect the camera to a different Windows 10 system.

Please let me know if still have the same issue after trying all this troubleshooting steps.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
ngupt8
Beginner

I tried everything. Still the same issue. Also tried in a new windows 10 PC. Same issue. Looks like some driver issue.

In Device Manager it is showing only Depth Camera (No RGB Camera).

Nawal

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Nawal,

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you please send me a screenshot of the driver details of the depth node in device manager?

Please go to Device Manager-> Imaging Device-> Right Click on depth node-> properties ->driver tab.

We are investigating on your issue and need this information in order to proceed.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Community,

For future reference, the customer was able to fix the issue by using a different USB 3.0 port. The issue could be related to a power issue in the USB port.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
Ncare
Beginner

I'm having a similar issue with the D435. No colour stream available. I'm running it on a NUC 5i7RYH with Ubuntu 16, and have tried all USB3.0 ports. This same machine has run all previous iterations of the RealSense technology without a problem. It could be a power issue, but I would be surprised.

Possibly related issue: when viewing sensor streams using the included /example/rs-sensor-control, choosing an IR stream causes a segmentation fault.

CPU usage: When streaming depth only, if I use highest depth resolution the CPU (for a single core) spikes to 100%, but using a lower resolution it sits between 40-70%.

0 Kudos
CEdwa2
Beginner

I had the same problem and encountered it with two of the USB3 ports on my laptop; but the third USB3 port worked with it perfectly.

I suspect the camera uses the USB3 bandwidth for all it's worth, and many computer systems don't have exactly the USB3.0 that they claim to have. Often a USB3.0 channel may be split between two physical USB ports, which allows either of them to operate at USB 3 speeds or both to operate at close enough to USB 3 speeds when used at the same time (and there are bottlenecks in other parts of the system so you don't notice that its slower than it should be), and they do this to save money on components and the higher USB3 license fees.

The downside is that every so often there's a device that isn't compatible with the idea of a split USB3 port - either a little bit of the bandwidth is lost to enable that split, or something in the device just can't handle the configuration. It seems this camera hits one of those conditions. It's possible that a firmware update could fix this in the future, even if the problem isn't caused by the camera itself.

0 Kudos
AWit
Beginner

Had a similar issue. Explained here: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006BWKySAO

0 Kudos