Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel® Communities Team.
I understand you are facing some issues with your DELL™ laptop which will not recognize your SAMSUNG* TV. Allow me to help you regarding this issue you are facing.
For me to properly troubleshoot this problem I would like to know which is the model of your laptop and the model of your TV.
In addition, please download the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* which will provide a description of the components of your system. Please attach to this thread the TXT file this tool will provide. To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.
Thank you for your response..I only want to correct the brand of my laptop, its not Dell, its HP Pavilion. I tried to check my HDMI port again but couldn't find it..I tried Device Manager - Display Adapters but there is only one thing there: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 6100...I cant see HDMI anywhere..A friend told me that I should install HDMI driver online but I didn't wanna do anything that I'm not sure of...
I also tried to attach that TXT file but when I try, it says "That image type is forbidden". I'm sorry
Thank you again for your help.
Thank you for your reply.
I really apologize for the confusion with the brand of your computer.
In this case, we can try to update your graphics drivers. First, please download the latest graphics drivers by clicking here.
Then, in order to complete the installation please follow these steps:
1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.
3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.
4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.
5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
6. Open Device Manager
7. Expand the Display adapters section.
8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")
9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.
11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
12. Reboot your computer when prompted.
Please be aware that the driver I am sharing with you is a generic driver from Intel® and some features of it might not be available for your machine, we always recommend verifying if there is any update with the manufacturer of the computer. Nevertheless, we can try to perform this troubleshooting step.
Beezy: I forgot to mention, please download the .zip file of the graphics drivers. This is the direct link to achieve so: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27267/a08/win64_154037.4835.zip
Thank you for detailed information. I corrected the brand of my laptop in case the information you were gonna give me could be related to that
I started to download zip file but on the other hand, to update graphics driver, I followed the ling you put down but I don't know which one to download. I'm sorry if I'm asking quite obvious question but as I said before, I'm not good at this kinda stuff...Sorry to take your time :/
I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps that I attached in the post above and the results.