4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2018 1:00 PM by Intel Corporation

Blue screen after driver update

Ruan

Hi I have a new Lenovo Yoga 900 and had some issues with it loosing WiFi connection, I then went to the Intel website and found a update for the Intel 8260 adapter. After updating my computer it gave me a blue screen every time on startup. I have to admit that the WiFi connection problem seem to have gone away at that stage. I then managed to roll the driver update back and that fixed the blue screen problem but the WiFi connection problem returned. In the meantime my laptop did some routine updates this caused the blue screen issue to return but this time I have no option roll the wireless driver back???

Hope somebody can assist me!!?

• 1. Re: Blue screen after driver update
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Ruan,

We understand you're having issues with your wireless connection. To troubleshoot, you updated to the latest Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers, but that resulted in blue screen crashes at startup.

In order to better assist you, we would like the following:

1. Intel® System Support Utility Report.
            1. Download the latest Intel® SSU.
            2. While connected to your network (if possible), select everything and run the scan.
            3. Save and name the report.
          2. If you're using Windows® 10, a WLAN Report.
            1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click) Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator > Yes.
            2. Enter: netsh wlan show wlanreport
            3. Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WlanReport\ and locate the wlan-report-latest.html file.
          3. What is the driver version that you're using (which doesn't work, but doesn't crash the system)?
            1. Right click the Start Menu icon on the taskbar > Device Manager > Network Adapters > Double click on Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 > Driver tab

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,
          Carlos A.

• 2. Re: Blue screen after driver update
            Ruan

Thank you very much for the help,

Current driver version installed is , 20.10.2.2 this is the one that is giving the blue screen. I cannot see the previous version ?? is there a way to find the older version in a file somewhere?

Maybe worth mentioning that the stop code error on the blue screen is “page fault in nonpaged area”

I hope I understood all your instructions right!

Best regards

Ruan

• 3. Re: Blue screen after driver update
              Intel Corporation

Hello Ruan,

Thank you for these reports.

That error isn't one that is normally associated with wireless driver issues. However, since the issue started after updating these drivers, we'll definitely help you troubleshoot.

Could you go to your boot drive (usually C:\) and locate the MEMORY.DMP file? This is created when a Blue Screen crash occurs. If it's too large to attach, you may need to upload it to a file hosting service and share the link.

This may also help:

How to fix Windows 10 error Page Fault In Nonpaged Area - by tomshardware.com

Best regards,
              Carlos A.

• 4. Re: Blue screen after driver update
                Intel Corporation

Hello Ruan,

We haven't heard from you in the last few days. Please let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,
                Eugenio F.