2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2018 4:34 PM by Intel Corporation

HDMI Audio problems with UHD 630 of new i3 8100 (force HDMI audio output?)

CWaechter

Hello,

I set up a brand new computer with an Intel i3 8100 and AsRock Z370 Pro4 as Multimedia PC (Windows 10 Pro x64, newest Intel drivers). It is connected with HDMI to a Mitsubishi HC5500 beamer via a Pioneer VSX-1130 Receiver. I'm using the integrated UHD Graphics 630 of the i3, and also the audio via HDMI.

The problem is, that the HDMI audio device is not present in the system, when I'm starting the computer while the Pioneer receiver is playing sound from an other source as the computers HDMI input, e.g. internet radio. In short:

This works: Turn on the receiver, switch receiver input to the computers HDMI input, turn on the PC

This does not work: Turn on the receiver that is not switched to the computers HDMI input (e.g. Spotify, Internet Radio...), turn on PC, switch receiver input to the computers HDMI input

In this case the HDMI audio device is not even recognized by the system, and not shown in the device manager (also not as disabled/unknown device). The only way to fix this problem is a reboot with the Pioneer switched to the computers HDMI input. If I have to guess, this looks like the problem is caused by a energy saving method, but I could not find anything about this in the Intel driver software or the UEFI.

This is not acceptable because the computer will be started for recording even without the Pioneer turned on to the right channel. Also, this worked fine with the old hardware/graphics, a ATI Radeon R5 230. So I hope that it will work on the new setup as well...

• 1. Re: HDMI Audio problems with UHD 630 of new i3 8100 (force HDMI audio output?)
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, CWaechter.

Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel® Communities Team. I understand you are having some audio issues with your receiver. Allow me to help you regarding this issue you are facing.

In this case, I would like you to perform a manual update for the Intel® graphics drivers.
          First, download the latest drivers version by clicking here.

Once you have the file, please complete the following steps:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
          2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.
          3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.
          4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.
          5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
          6. Open Device Manager
          7. Expand the Display adapters section.
          8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")
          9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
          10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.
          11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
          12. Reboot your computer when prompted.

Then, there are some updates you can perform to your motherboard. You can download and install the latest audio drivers and the BIOS version. I took those links from the ASRock* webpage.

Please let me know the results.

Antony S.
          • 2. Re: HDMI Audio problems with UHD 630 of new i3 8100 (force HDMI audio output?)
            Intel Corporation
            This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello, CWaechter.

I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps that I attached in the last post and the results.

Antony S.