3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2018 2:18 PM by Intel Corporation

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH with Intel HD Graphics 630

StephaneM60

Hi,

Since the last windows major update (Fall Creators Update published this winter 2017) I can no longer watch any protected videos on my PC, the result is either an error from the video player in the best case or a computer crash with a bluescreen APC_INDEX_MISMATCH in igdkmd64.sys.

My PC configuration is :

Motherboard : MSI H270M Mortar Artic (Latest Bios MS-7A69 B.40) (I had to upgrade BIOS on this board for the latest graphics driver to not show only noise on the screen when returning from standby)

RAM : 16 GB

Processor : Core i3-7100 CPU

Graphic chipset : Intel HD Graphics 630

Intel Chipset Drivers : 10.1.1.44

Intel ME Drivers : 11.7.0.1043

Intel Graphic Drivers : 23.20.16.4901 (or 15.60.2.4901 when you download it) (tried : 4877, 4815, 4678 all the same BSOD)

Windows 10 Pro x64 Version : 1709 (16299.192)

Playing videos that is not protected by DRM is fine : YouTube for instance, personal videos made with smartphone

Playing videos from :

* Netflix Application

* Netflix Website

* OCS Application (French film & TV subscription service)

* CANAL VOD Web Site (French film rental service)

Computers instantly crash with APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (Netflix Application sometimes doesn't crash but give error H7354 (not sure of err. number though) and this error on the Netflix website does invite Windows 10S user to install the media feature pack, this would suggest that Fall Creator update + intel driver + motherboard combination = broken protected media path)

Before Windows Fall Creator Update I had ZERO issues with this system (except with new Intel Graphics Drivers when returning from standby where the screen was corrupted this was resolved by installing a bios update)