1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2018 4:51 PM by Intel Corporation

Nuc5i5RYH display issues?

Drwazza

My Nuc5i5RYH has a visible distorted line 1/3 of the way down the screen and becomes more dramatic during fast action scenes. Any suggestions please?

• 1. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Drwazza 

We received your inquiry and I understand that you are having a graphics error on your display. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. We will be more than happy looking for a solution.

Could you provide us with the following information?

• The Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report on the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

• A screenshot of the problem

• What applications are you having troubles with?  

Please attach the files to the thread

Regards,

Leonardo C.
          • 2. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
            Drwazza

Hi Leonardo, thank you for your reply it is greatly appreciated. Please bear with me I am new to using a forum format.

Answers as follows

I have completed the system support scan and attached.

I cant capture a suitable screen shot sorry as the flashing is too quick for me to capture but I have attached a small video file. This is a mild case but you can see the tracking distortion near the top through the hills

Using google browser we watch Amazon Prime TV and MotoGP and during these shows a line appears horizontally across the screen distorting the picture sideways in a thin straight line and becomes very pronounced when the action or motion of the camera/subjects becomes faster.

During normal browsing through google the picture is perfect.

I hope this is enough information to reach a verdict.

Cheers Wazza

• 3. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
              Intel Corporation

Hello Drwazza 

Thank you for your response.

The information you have provided will help to start looking into the solution,

The file you send for the video is a .html and I was not able to reproduce the video, could you send the file with a video extension or upload it to a web video service like www.youtube.com to access it?

Are you using any splitter docking station or adapter to connect the display or straight connection?  

Does this error happen in every web browser? please let us know which ones 

Regards,

Leonardo C.

• 4. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
                Drwazza

Hi Leonardo,

Sorry for the incorrect video file. I have now created a youtube channel and the video should be available at

https://youtu.be/3YQjuzyXyw4

The display connection is via high speed high quality HDMI cable.

I have not used any other web browsers to view content but I can give that a try and let you know the outcome tomorrow.

Thanks again I look forward to your comments after you have seen the clip.

Cheers,

Wazza

• 5. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
                  Intel Corporation

Hello Drwazza 

Thank you for the information provided.

I see error you were referring to in the reproduction of the video,
                  Please let me know if it happens in other browsers and in which ones at your earliest convenience.

Does it happen when you are playing videos in applications like Windows® media player or VLC?

Could you verify if Google browser has the hardware acceleration enabled on its settings?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

• 6. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
                    Drwazza

Hello again Leonardo,

I can confirm that the hardware acceleration has been enabled in the advanced settings.

I can also confirm that the problem occurs when running Internet Explorer, I have not had time as of yet to run a file on windows media player etc.

I will get back to you as soon as I have, I hope this additional information helps.

Cheers,

Wazza

• 7. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
                      Goryl

That looks like screen tearing.

Try to force vsync (vertical sync) in the Intel video drivers (3d -> general settings -> custom settings).

Also, running the videos in fullscreen mode rather than in a window can help.

Sometimes it is tricky to force vsync on all the time, as it is mainly a gaming setting. As mentioned, try various browsers and applications (e.g., VLC).

• 8. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
                        Drwazza

Just checked and v-sync has always been switched on.

I have just set another laptop up and used both the network and HDMI cables that the NUC uses to view the above mentioned streaming programs and had no issues viewing or visual disturbances through Explorer, Google browser and Firefox so the issue is clearly pointing to the NUC hardware/software.

Would appreciate a prompt resolution as the NUC is only 2 years old and I can no longer use it for viewing media with out issues which leaves me questioning why I purchased it in the first place.

• 9. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
                          Intel Corporation

Hello Drwazza 

Thank you for your reply and the information provided,

I would like you to try a previous version of the graphics drivers; you can find that at the following link:  
                          https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26984/eng/win64_154036.4703.exe
                          on the keyboard press WinLogo key + r, then type in devmgmt.msc, double click on Display Adapters -> Intel HD Graphics -> Driver tab -> Uninstall -> Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device -> OK, restart the computer, and then reinstall them on the previous

Let me know if the issue persists

Regards,        
                          Leonardo C.

• 10. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
                            Drwazza

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your suggestion however, I have followed the uninstall and re-install instructions and this has unfortunately not solved the issue.

Any other suggestions please?

Regards,

Wazza

• 11. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
                              Intel Corporation

Hello Drwazza 

Recapitulating with you did the issue also happened if you use Windows® media player etc?
                              Also, let me know if it happens with Youtube or Netflix?

Regards,        
                              Leonardo C.

• 12. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
                                Drwazza

yes the problem persists in Netflix, youtube and windows media player.

Cheers,

Wazza

• 13. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
                                  Intel Corporation

Hello Drwazza

Thank you for confirming that information

It seems that there is a missing codec in the video reproduction we can try to install a codec pack
                                  that is for free, you can find it at the following link

https://filehippo.com/download_klite_codec_pack/   

The content on the above site is not controlled by Intel. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel for the merchants or services
                                  offered there.

Let us know the outcome

Regards,        
                                  Leonardo C.

• 14. Re: Nuc5i5RYH display issues?
                                    Drwazza

codec pack downloaded and installed thanks, but no improvement problem still persists.

Cheers,

Warren

1 2 Previous Next