9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2018 4:37 AM by registoni

Internet stops working after some time randomly

registoni

Hi,

I have NUC7i5BNH, which I purchased few months ago. I installed 8 GB Crucial DDR-4, 1TB HDD and Windows 10 Fall Edition (1709). Was working flawlessly up untill recently. I am not sure if it was caused by upgrade of NUC drivers  or via Windows update which is set to automatic mode.

I have installed manually several updates for my NUC using Intel Update tool - BIOS Update [BNKBL357.86A], Intel Management Engine components  11.8.50.3426, Software Guard Extensions 1.8.106.40803. Later I saw updated drivers for ethernet and video graphics driver, I tried them thinking that they could solve my problem.

The problem which I started to experience was that after some time after windows is booted internet stopped working even though NUC was connected to router with gigabit LAN and I could access internet on other devices connected to the same router.

Windows statuswas showing INTERNET ACCESS, but non of the browsers could open any site. Ony rebooting helped, but temporary.

I tried as sugested others to switch off ENERGY SAVING options on Ethernet driver, disable TCP/IP 6 protocol, flushin network sockets and hard network reset, deleting the network adapter and rebooting - none worked. Even with new ethernet driver 22.9 the problem was still there.

I don't know what to do next, I cannot simply reboot every time it stops.

Looking forward to your reply,