1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 9, 2010 10:57 AM by acarwile

Help w/autoconf build of IPMI/DCMI Test Suite from Intel

acarwile

I'm adding IPMI and DCMI platform management support to a new chassis-based system.  I am attempting to build the DCMI (Data Center Manageability Interface) Conformance Test Suite from source downloaded from Intel.  The instructions are limited and I'm hitting problems when i run the sequence of commands in the Auto Tools tool chain to get the package built on our Linux systems.  If you're familiar with "autoconf" and related tools, please contact me.  If you were able to build this test suite (also called "DCTS") on a linux platform by other means please contact me.

I can be reached at alan@carwiles.com -- THANKS!

------

Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 9:59 AM
      Subject: Help using autoconf toolset to build DCMI test suite

If you’re familiar with the “autotools” software (autoconf, automake, etc), I would like some help.  While building the DCMI test suite (dcts) that comes from Intel, I get errors during the configure and make steps.

A contact suggested I update the auto* tools which I tried.  According to this page,http://sourceware.org/autobook/download.html, there is a 1.5.22 libtool.  I’m running 1.5.2, but yum doesn’t find a newer version for our version of Linux.

aclocal; autoheader; automake; autoconf; configure; make

Below is the bottom of the configure step and then from make.

configure: creating ./config.status

config.status: creating Transport/TransportKCS/Makefile

config.status: creating Transport/TransportRMCPP/Makefile

config.status: creating Transport/Makefile

config.status: creating Library/Makefile

config.status: creating Makefile

config.status: creating config.h

config.status: executing depfiles commands

configure: configuring in libltdl

configure: WARNING: no configuration information is in libltdl

alan{dcts:}1116$ make

make  all-recursive

make[1]: Entering directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts'

Making all in Library

make[2]: Entering directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts/Library'

make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

make[2]: Leaving directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts/Library'

Making all in Transport

make[2]: Entering directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts/Transport'

Making all in TransportKCS

make[3]: Entering directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts/Transport/TransportKCS'

make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

make[3]: Leaving directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts/Transport/TransportKCS'

Making all in TransportRMCPP

make[3]: Entering directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts/Transport/TransportRMCPP'

make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.

make[3]: Leaving directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts/Transport/TransportRMCPP'

make[3]: Entering directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts/Transport'

make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.

make[3]: Leaving directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts/Transport'

make[2]: Leaving directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts/Transport'

Making all in libltdl

make[2]: Entering directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts/libltdl'

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.

make[2]: Leaving directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts/libltdl'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/smi/alan/augusta/augustaSW/utils/ipmi/dcts'

make: *** [all] Error 2

• 1. Re: Help w/autoconf build of IPMI/DCMI Test Suite from Intel
          acarwile

Success at last...

After dialog with several contacts, I learned the answer to this issue.  I created this shell script which will build and execute the linux version of DCMI Conformance Test Suite (dcts).  Run this from the top dir of the unpacked dcts source package (typically the dir is called "Source").

% cat do-make-dcts

#! /bin/sh
          pwd
          aclocal
          autoreconf . libltdl -v -I -f
          cd libltdl
          ./configure
          cd ..
          ./configure
          make clean
          make
          sudo make install
          ls /usr/local/lib
          export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
          ldd ./DCMI_Conformance
          # modify config file per instructions file on Intel site.
          ./DCMI_Conformance

Due to the delays in getting dcts to build, we are focused on testing with ipmitool and dcmitool primarily.  We will use dcts at a lower priority..

Caveat:  Some contacts have indicated a problem exists in the RMCP+ implementation in dcts.  I do not know the details but this is worth watching for if others are using dcts.

Best wishes, and please let me know if this is useful to you,

Alan Carwile