Thank you for sharing your issue with the Intel® Communities. I understand you are having an issue with the drivers for the Intel® HD Graphics 620. Allow me to help you with this issue you are facing.
You can perform a manual installation for the graphics drivers. In order to achieve so, please download the latest graphics version using the following link: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27412/a08/win64_18.104.22.16801.zip
Then, in order to complete the installation please follow these steps:
1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.
3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.
4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.
5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.
6. Open Device Manager
7. Expand the Display adapters section.
8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")
9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.
11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.
12. Reboot your computer when prompted.
Please be aware that the driver I am sharing with you is a generic driver from Intel® and some features of it might not be available for your machine, we always recommend verifying if there is any update with the manufacturer of the computer. Nevertheless, we can try to perform this troubleshooting step.
Please let me know the results
Hey there Antony S.,
I am sorry to inform you that after completing the steps steps of driver install nothing has changed. Counter-strike 1.6 is failing to start (opens and closes). I've made the SSU report after. 22.214.171.12401 is a fail driver.
I am sorry that your problem persists after those troubleshooting steps.
As previously mentioned this is a generic driver from Intel®. Your system might require using drivers provided directly by DELL™. You can uninstall the drivers that you recently installed and download and install the latest DELL™ drivers by clicking here.
Is that means that intel HD 620 is made modified diferently by diferent manufacturer????????
Well the driver you've provided is allready 4 months old. and previous version of the drivers was't failing like 4901 version. I guess i have to wait for a fix.
Thank you for your reply.
It seems that this will be the latest drivers that DELL™ is providing for your machine. As previously mentioned, the manufacturer of the system might change some features of the graphics drivers at its convenience. I will highly recommend using the DELL™ drivers. In addition, you can double check with DELL™ Support to verify if they have any other troubleshooting step for your system.