11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2018 5:31 AM by Todero

Not Connected to Network (after updating all patches)

Flavio78

Hi,

i have an Intel NUC kit (atom) with Iot Gateway Software Suite installed. Fresh installed the suite and everything was working, i could add repositories, add packages and so on. Then I decided to update all patches (around ~86 patches). After updating everything, refreshing the web interface and log in, i received the following error message:

If i skip this screen, i cant add packages or repositories, the buttons are grayed out.

I didn't change any network configuration, it is connected to the same Router, and there is no Firewall in the network or proxy server.

I can go through command line and ping any WWW ip address, so i am sure the NUC is connected to the internet. Mosquitto service is running by the way.

Does anyone face this issue? any solution or recommendation?

Flavio

• 1. Re: Not Connected to Network (after updating all patches)
          ctan94x_intel

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to Intel® IoT Gateway Support Forum.

We will look into this issue and get back to you shortly.

Regards

Intel Customer Support

Agent under contract to Intel

• 2. Re: Not Connected to Network (after updating all patches)
            ctan94x_intel

Hi Flavio,

In order for us to replicate your issue, we would need the following details from your end:-

1.) Triage Tool Server (From Build Server) - triagetool-xxx-xxxxx.tar.gz

Command: sudo sh ~/Project/layers/wr-idp/wr-idp-devkit/recipes-devtools/triage/files/triage_tool_host.sh -i ~/WindRiver -b ~/Project

2.) Triage Tool Target (From Target) - triagetool-WR-IDP-xxxxxx.tar.gz

Command: sh /root/example/triage_tool/triage_tool_target.sh

Thank you.

Regards
            CK

• 3. Re: Not Connected to Network (after updating all patches)
              Todero

Hello CK, how are you?

I'm helping Flavio with this issue, I don't know why but there seem to be differences between our installation path from the one you showed us as you can see below.

If I type "sudo sh ~/Project/layers/wr-idp/wr-idp-devkit/recipes-devtools/triage/files/triage_tool_host.sh -i ~/WindRiver -b ~/Project" the output is: "No such file or directory". I've tried to search in the "/" directory the script triage_tool_host.sh but it's not on the system, I'm not sure if we are skipping some instructions installing the IoT Gateway Hub.

As I couldn't run the first command I tried the second one and we managed to run it but in a bit different path, heres the output:

root@WR-IDP-3941:~# sh /root/examples/triage_tool_target.sh

triagetool-WR-IDP-3941-01-22-18_17-43-23.tar

Script running.  It may take few minutes to complete........

Firmware info not present

lsblk: dm-0: failed to get device path

lsblk: dm-0: failed to get device path

% Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current

Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed

100   419  100   419    0     0   4094      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  4190

java version "1.7.0_75"

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.4) (75b13-2.5.4)

OpenJDK Server VM (build 24.80-b07, mixed mode)

Gather info installed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Pre condition tests ]

Checking if McAfee Solidifier is installed..

Checking that no other sadmin command running..

Checking for the presence of config file..

Checking for the presence of install directory..

Checking for the presence of scsrvc binary..

Checking for the presence of sadmin binary..

[ GatherInfo Collection ]

Collecting mcafee/solidcore tarball

Collecting scanalyzer output

mv: cannot stat 'gather*gz': No such file or directory

triage_tool_target/

triage_tool_target/syslog.out

triage_tool_target/dmesg.out

triage_tool_target/a.sh

triage_tool_target/installed_rpms.out

triage_tool_target/triagetool.log

triage_tool_target/system_information.out

Script Completed

root@WR-IDP-3941:~#

I hope this is enough to you reproduce our problem.

If any additional  is required feel free to ask!

Best Regards,

Felipe Todero

edit: I'm attaching the folder triage tools that contains some logs

• 4. Re: Not Connected to Network (after updating all patches)
                ctan94x_intel

Hi Felipe,

Good day!

Thank you for attaching the triage tool target log.

Could you please attach the triage tool server log for us as well?

Or you may attach the config.log which can be found in your build server at the project directory.

Thank you.

Regards

CK

• 5. Re: Not Connected to Network (after updating all patches)
                  Flavio78

Hi CK

in our lab setup, we only have a Atom based NUC loaded with the Intel IOT GTW Software Suite that is connected to a LAN switch with Internet access. We don't have a server / client environment here.

Could you please clarify what do you mean about SERVER LOG? Should we run the server command line in the NUC? if so, we tried to do it but it did not work. Only the command #2 that output something that Felipe has sent you already.

Please provide more details on the procedure, because we don't understand what you mean on "Or you may attach the config.log which can be found in your build server at the project directory."

Tks

Flavio

• 6. Re: Not Connected to Network (after updating all patches)
                    ctan94x_intel

Hi Flavio,

1.) May I know where you obtained the image from?

2.) Are you generated the image using any build machine? If yes, the config.log can be found in the project directory.

The config.log contains the following information:

/home/user/WindRiver/wrlinux-7/wrlinux/configure --enable-reconfig --enable-addons=wr-idp --enable-board=intel-baytrail-64 --enable-bootimage=ext3,hdd --enable-internet-download=yes --enable-kernel=idp --enable-patchresolve=noop --enable-rootfs=idp --enable-test=no --with-layer=wr-hac-agent,wr-kernel/kernel-dev,wr-ma,wr-mcafee,wr-prosyst-mbs-smarthome-sdk-ia,wr-wks-oneagent-oma-dm-ia,wr-wks-oneagent-tr069 --with-package=autoconf,automake,conntrack-tools,curl,fuse,gdb,git,iasl,igmpproxy,iperf,ipset,less,libcli,libtool,make,mipv6-daemon-umip,netcat,ntfs-3g,ntfsprogs,perl,ruby,screen,sshfs-fuse,subversion,swig,tcpdump,tftp-hpa,tftp-hpa-server,vim --with-template=feature/backports,feature/bluetooth,feature/haccmds,feature/ipsec_vpn,feature/non-grsec,feature/online_updates,feature/openjdk-bin,feature/pptp_vpn,feature/recovery,feature/self-hosted,feature/target-toolchain,feature/vlan --with-rcpl-version=0022

Regards

CK

• 7. Re: Not Connected to Network (after updating all patches)
                      Flavio78

Hi CK

i have downloaded from the link below https://shopiotmarketplace.com/

and installed through an USB flashdrive in to the NUC. I don't have a build machine to generate image.

tks

Flavio

• 8. Re: Not Connected to Network (after updating all patches)
                        Flavio78

Hi CK

any feedback?

tks

Flavio

• 9. Re: Not Connected to Network (after updating all patches)
                          ctan94x_intel

Hi Flavio,

Thank you for the details.

You mentioned that If you skip this screen, you cant add packages or repositories, the buttons are grayed out.  Below are my questions:-

1.) Could you please provide us the above screenshot ?

2.) Were you able to click the skip button before updating?

3.) How did you update all the patches?  It would help to know the details of the steps followed at your end to update the patches.

Regards

CK

• 10. Re: Not Connected to Network (after updating all patches)
                            Todero

Hello CK,

Here are the answers:

1) Here's how the buttons are:

gray.JPG

2,3 ) As in the image below we applied the updates using the dashboard, as soon we logged in the system for the first time there was plenty of updates to be done, there was no errors before updating, so the skip button was not presenting before updating. We applied the updates using the button "Install Updates"

updates.JPG

If more information is necessary, let me know and I will provide ASAP.

Tks.

Felipe

• 11. Re: Not Connected to Network (after updating all patches)
                              Todero

Hello CK,

Do you have any updates about this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,