Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

H2224XXLR2 redundant power supply error on all servers.

SPitt
Beginner

Hello,

we are experiencing some strange behavior on all our intel servers.

we are running Intel Chassis H2224XXLR2 4blade servers and since this weekend they all were showing the following error.

Pwr Unit Redund: "reports redundancy has been lost; reports the unit is still functioning with the minimum amount of resources needed for normal operation"

we checked the servers and power feeds and did the following tests with limited success.

1. Reboot servers (no success)

2. Power Off servers (no success)

3. Power Off servers and pull power from chassis (4 servers out of 40 show no errors now)

4. checked firmwares "all are up to date"

5. Checked power feeds (no success - all feeds working)

This also causes our machines running vmware to disconnect from vmware constantly at random intervals.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello DatacenterNext,

Regarding your problem with Redundant power supply error on chassis H2224XXLR2.

As you stated you have reboot and turn off the server with no success. Reseating the power supply (s) and issue resolved. Also, the servers have the latest firmware.

What we need to determine if the problem is with the primary or secondary power supply.

Also, need to verify if the problem is the power supplies connected to the same power source.

Last but not least the message you attached is been generated from?

Are you getting this error on all the servers or just a few?

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
SPitt
Beginner

hello henry,

It does not realy say that either powersupply is defective or broken. it just gives the error above in the RMM page under "server health"

both power supply's are connected to different power sources.

as i wrote above we are getting the error on 90% of our intel servers. other brand servers have no problems.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DatacenterNext,

Thank you for your updated information.

I am sorry if I missed any information from the beginning.

I will recommend using the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/H35971-001_H2000G_TPS.pdf Technical Product and start by reseating the Power Distribution Module on page 17 and boards.

Also, swap the power supply from 1 to 2 and vice-versa.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DatacenterNext,

I will like to follow up on your questions.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello DatacenterNext,

Because we haven't heard from you I will close the forum. If you need any additional help on this same matter we can reopen the ticket or we can create a new one.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos