1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 10, 2018 12:12 PM by Intel Corporation

NUC6i7KYK fan replacement?

KarstenDK

The fan in my 1 year old Skull Canyon NUC Kit NUC6i7KYK has become very noisy. I have cleaned the fan itself as well as possible but since it's very compact and shielded, I could not clean it further. It does sound like the bearings are not good in any case. I have looked for replacement fans but no luck. Is it possible to get it replaced?
      Also, the small metal mounts for the chassis screws have come loose, the plastic holding them seems to have become very brittle. I guess that means I need a new case?

• 1. Re: NUC6i7KYK fan replacement?
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello KarstenDK

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support,

We received your inquiry and I understand that you are looking for replacement parts on your NUC. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing. We will be more than happy looking for a solution.

I understand that you are looking for replacement for the fan and new case for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i7KY, I regret to inform you that there are no replacements for single internal parts of the NUC, but let me inform you that if the unit is on warranty that can be applied to replace it

For that matter, you can contact with Intel by chat or phone

Sent you a private message please check your inbox

Regards,

Leonardo C.