4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2018 10:47 AM by monique_intel

error when installing dsa

Papaguss1

I receive error 0x80070643 when trying to install Intel DSA

• 1. Re: error when installing dsa
          Intel Corporation
          This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation

Hello Papaguss1,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Communities Support.

The problem seems to be related to the application, we will check the error and provide you more information as soon as possible.

Regards,
          Stephen C.

• 2. Re: error when installing dsa
            Intel Corporation

Hello Papaguss1

Please provide us the following information to check your system configuration:

Browser used:
            Operative System:

Also please run the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* you can download here.

Send us the SSU report, to attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
            Stephen C.

• 3. Re: error when installing dsa
              Intel Corporation

Hello Papaguss1,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance? 

Regards,
              Stephen C.

• 4. Re: error when installing dsa
                monique_intel

Papaguss1  Hello.  This is Monique with Intel and I'm the IDSA project manager.  This error code is being caused by the ICIP installer that is offered as an optional software program.  Per the ICIP development team, here are the steps they are suggesting users take who are receiving this error code 0x80070643 when trying to upgrade IDSA.

1. Download msi from http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/11135/w_sur_p_2.1.0.03392_sursvc_qh.msi  (e.g. to C:\Download)
                2. Open CMD.exe as Administrator and change directory to download location (e.g. cd /d C:\Download)
                3. Run w_sur_p_2.1.0.03392_sursvc_qh.msiIf the windows installer asks for location, please click Browse and choose the downloaded msi (e.g.  

error fix pic.JPG
                4. If the installation wizard navigates to Repair/Modify/Remove options, choose RemoveIf the installation wizard navigates to Install phase, proceed and finish installation. Then re-run  w_sur_p_2.1.0.03392_sursvc_qh.msi and choose Remove
                5. Uninstall IDSA from Control Panel
                6. Install new IDSA version

Thank you for your patience while the team worked to resolve this issue.

Monique with Intel Corporation