Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Post OS install won't boot after raid installation

KKies1
Beginner

Hello,

I'm using a SuperMicro MB, X11SSL-F with Intel 232 chipset, Intel I3 6100 CPU and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 r2 with the Intel C600+/C200+ series chipset SATA AHCI Controller installed.

This being my first server build I enabled raid in my bios then created a raid 1 volume with the intel utility using CTL + I and then install the OS using a backup.

Unfortunately when the windows logo came on the screen, and shortly afterwards, a blue screen would flash following with the whole boot process restarting.

Is there any work around for this issue? Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello kiekar,

Thank you for joining the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Regarding this matter the best answer should be provided by Super Micro, I will double from my end if there are some steps you can use but our recommendation is to contact your computer manufacturer for assistance first.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/121313 kiekar,

Hope you were able to contact Super Micro.

It is possible that the operating system image you used was set in AHCI. For testing purposes, you can try to do a clean installation of your operating system in one disk, then install the Intel® RST and later create the RAID volume. I recommend using a different operating system image.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
KKies1
Beginner

Thanks Amy for your replies,

I did contact Super Micro but they told me the same thing as you. I'm aware of your solution but I'm tying to do a workaround to avoid having to do a complete reinstall from scratch.

Yes the OS image was set in ACHI.

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you're welcome.

Hopefully other peers can view your thread and add more suggestions in case there are.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos