Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

An issue with display resolution in games

PGorb
Beginner

Hi, yesterdsay I faced a problem: I tried to run a videogame and it started not in a full-screen resolution but approx. in 3/4 of my screen. I tried to change all the possible settings of resolution and scaling but it did not help. I tested everything on some other games but the situation was the same, so the problem is not in one specific game but somewhere in the system. I think the reason could be one of the latest updates but I am not sure. Please could you give me some advise on this problem? I use a laptop with an integrated Intel HD Graphics video controller.

To make my explanation more clear I made some screenshots.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What operating system are you using, and what is the complete processor model number?

Doc

0 Kudos
PGorb
Beginner

The system is Windows 10, the processor model is Intel Atom Z3735F @ 1.33GHz.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Thanks for the information. This will help the Intel support staff with your issue.

Doc

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mr.Cluwe,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Could you please let us know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
PGorb
Beginner

Hello, Team,

Sorry for not mentioning it. The driver version is 10.18.10.4653

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information.

Since you already have the latest driver available from our end, the next step is to contact your computer manufacturer for more assistance on this topic. From my end, you could try an older Intel® HD Graphics driver version: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=85552 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.33]

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos