3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2018 10:33 PM by Al Hill

Release Notes from Previous Driver Versions

Luminary99

After the recent news concerning Meltdown and Spectre, I decided to run the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to find out if there was a patch available for my motherboard -- Asrock Z77 Extreme6 with Intel Core i5-3570K -- there is not, at least not yet.  (Yes, I understand that I should check with Asrock, which I have, but I thought I would check with Intel as well.)

The scanner informed me that there was a driver update for the Intel HD Graphics 4000.  As a rule, I don't update drivers often, but I thought that I should at least read the Release Notes.  Those notes, for the current version (15.33.45.4653) indicate that the only change is "Miscellaneous code optimizations."

"Miscellaneous code optimizations" are not enough for me to want to rock the boat by installing a new driver.  On the other hand, there have been a number of driver versions between the old driver version I have (3958) and the current version, and some of those versions may have incorporated more significant updates.

How can I find the Release Notes for all driver updates between the version I have and the current version?  Or is there some documentation that shows the cumulative changes for the driver for the HD Graphics 4000?