7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2018 1:37 PM by Dover&Me

Intel HD Graphics Driver Out of Date?

JJKowalyk

I am trying to work out whether I have the most 'up to date' graphics driver possible for my laptop (which is about 3-4 years old at least).

Laptop: Advent Monza T200

Operating System: Windows 10

Processor: Intel Celeron 847 1.10GHz

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics

Graphics Driver Version: 9.17.10.4459

I used to use the laptop for gaming about 2 years ago but stopped. Now I'm trying to get back into those same games and have found that they are incredibly slow - even with graphics at minimal. Some of the games tell me that my "graphics drivers are 597 days old" - which would match the date being shown as my driver date (5/19/2016). The problem is that when I go to intel to update my graphics driver, none of the ones I try (which I believe match my specifications) will successfully download because it tells me I don't "meet minimum requirements". When I try using the intel driver and support assistant, it tells me that there are no updates available. How can my graphics drivers be 597 days old with no updates available? Have intel stopped releasing graphics driver updates for my graphics card/processor?

I believe the driver I have is this: Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows* 7/8-64-bit - although it shows as 15.28.24.64.4229 it also states "(9.17.10.4229)" - but it gives a date of 6/5/2015, which contradicts the date showing on my system? When I try to download this driver it tells me that my "computer currently contains driver versions newer than the versions you are about to install."

I am resigned to the fact that I will probably have to purchase a new laptop in order to get a better gaming experience, but I just wanted to check whether I was missing anything obvious first. I'd appreciate any advice or assistance on whether I actually do have the most up to date graphics driver available to me or, if not, how I can go about installing one more up to date.