5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2018 2:03 AM by lw1948

Not able to see fresh Windows10 install after connecting NUC to 50 inch sumsung tv

idanf

I have nuc version:5i5RYH.

Processor: Intel R i5-525ou CPU @ 1.6

I installed latest windows10 on it and upgraded it following lw1948 instructions from my prev question at (Re: Not able to install windows10 on  nuc with burned windows10 iso on flashdrive ):

(After finishing Windows 10 installation, install all NUC drivers, downloaded from here: Downloads for Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5RYH . Set your Operating System (O.S.) to Windows 10 64 bit. Instead of downloading each driver separately, you can download driver bundle and unzip it on your drive. Install each driver manually (do not use Intel's Driver Utility). First install the Chipset driver and than the Management Engine driver. Reboot your computer and install all other drivers. Now the sequence is not important and you can reboot your computer only once after the last driver will be installed)

I will mention that I installed firstly windows10 when connecting the NUC straight forward to my small (24 inch)  DELL screen.

everything worked perfectly fine. network adapter works. bluetooth and wifi works. we were happy.

(I iam connecting my NUC to my DELL screen only when I want to upgrade it or install new O.S as it's more comfortable for me)

Now I had to take nuc and connect it back to my big 50 inch sumsung  smart T.V (via my receiver) where it's belong which placed at our saloon.

After connecting to it I could see windows10 desktop on my big sumsung tv screen cooll! but...  the screen ratio was bad. so I said let's try to change the resolution. so in the right side I have the intel graphics icon where I can switch the screen resolution to a diff one.

When I switched to diff ratio this is where the nightmare started -> T.V turned into blank screen and wont be able to show the WINDOWS10 desktop anymore. plugged off and on. still cant blank screen.

I can't even see the intel logo when turning the NUC on.

so I took nuc back to my DELL screen and I did see picture. so I was half comfort that everything is still there and working.  Tried again to connect nuc to the tv and went this routine  back and forth 100 times - this is amazinG!!! nuc is stubborn! still cant see any picture while it's connected to my sumsung T.V (but it is working when i connect it to my DELL screen)

I tried to reinstall the graphics package of my model. upgrade the bios again, same behavior. tried to play abit with resolution. same issue. what the hell?

should I reinstall windows10 all over again?? any ideas??

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Not able to see fresh Windows10 install after connecting NUC to 50 inch sumsung tv
          lw1948

Hi Idan (again),

I have some ideas for you to help resolve this problem too:

1. Connect your Dell monitor to the receiver output - do you see video output?

2. Connect your TV to your NUC directly with HDMI cable (without your receiver) - do you see video output?

3. If your monitor (btw, what is a Model Number of your Dell monitor?) have DP (Display Port) input, connect your monitor using miniDP to DP cable and your TV with HDMI cable. Now on monitor you can open Intel Graphic Control Panel (right click on desktop) and in Display->Multiple Displays you can see and control your TV.

Hope this will help

Leon

• 2. Re: Not able to see fresh Windows10 install after connecting NUC to 50 inch sumsung tv
            idanf

Hi LW,

Thanks for your response again:) my comments are inline

1. Connect your Dell monitor to the receiver output - do you see video output?

it's abit of administrative thing to do right now.. ill keep this as last option

2. Connect your TV to your NUC directly with HDMI cable (without your receiver)

the only input slot in my nuc i can use is the Display Port as the mini-hdmi doesnt function any more I think I destroyed it few months ago while pushing too hard the cable..

so Iam having HDMI cable and iam iam using adapter (see attached picture)

3. . If your monitor (btw, what is a Model Number of your Dell monitor?)  it's s2740LB (DELL)

have DP (Display Port) input, connect your monitor using miniDP to DP cable and your TV with HDMI cable. Now on monitor you can open Intel Graphic Control Panel (right click on desktop) and in Display->Multiple Displays you can see and control your TV.

I cant do it:( as I dont have the HDMI slot functioning

any suggestions ?

• 3. Re: Not able to see fresh Windows10 install after connecting NUC to 50 inch sumsung tv
              lw1948

Hi Idan,

Some times such adapter could cause a problem but since you have video on your monitor, I suspect that some thing wrong happened when you are going trough your Receiver. Try to connect the TV directly to the HDMI cable which you are using to the monitor. Connect the TV directly not trough receiver. If have not easy access to TV HDMI connectors, you may (just for test) disconnect the HDMI cable from Cable TV Box video output and connect it to the adapter on your NUC.

Leon

• 4. Re: Not able to see fresh Windows10 install after connecting NUC to 50 inch sumsung tv
                idanf

The thing is that it worked on the first time. Only after i played with the resolution while my tv was connected to nuc since then blank screen.

Given this fact you still think its cable issue? Btw iam using the same adapter for my tv as the one I used for my monitor.

• 5. Re: Not able to see fresh Windows10 install after connecting NUC to 50 inch sumsung tv
                  lw1948

I'm just saying, try to connect your NUC directly to you TV (rather than trough receiver). Use the same cable and the same input in TV as you are using for normal TV programs - connection that is currently working.

What are your settings now - picture Resolution and Refresh Rate?

Leon