Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel AC-7260

EJone6
Beginner

Hi,

Just an FYI for anyone interested. I have a Intel AC 7260 dual band wifi card in my laptop. Upon updating to the latest drivers I noticed that gamestream became basically unusable. Horrendous stuttering that was solely attributable to the network and not graphics or cpu.

Uninstalling the "Wifi Proset" drivers as Intel call them and allowing Windows 10 to install a much older version resulted in smooth gameplay again.

New Driver Version - 18.33.11.2

Currently installed and functioning well - 17.15.0.5

There are no other variable except for the driver version and this is reproducible. I thought it may help someone tearing their follicles out.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Whenyourestrange,

Thanks sharing this information and your solution.

Let us know if you are interested in troubleshooting or if this workaround is satisfactory.

If you would like our assistance please share a complete report from your system using the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® System Support Utility.

Best regards,

Carlos A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Whenyourestrange

Hi,

i have similar experience... all from or above v18.x.x.x is faulty for the AC-7260.

Which BT driver do have used?

Chris.

0 Kudos